Two Computers! Which one shall I choose as a hackintosh?

AxelE

6 posts in this topic

Hi everyone.

Because the search engine is out of function, I decided to put up a new thread for my questions.

I have two computers: one fujitsu-siemens Scaleo X and a laptop: fujitsu-siemens Amilo 3438G (laptop)

I wonder which I shall choose to use as a hackintosh? The best for me would be if I can use the laptop, but I hope u guys can tell me which one that have the best "opportunities" to be a well-working hackintosh.

One question more: Which OS, leopard or tiger, is the easiest one to install and get to working?

Very grateful for answers

//Axel

u know newbmac, you could be a bit more help then going to every topic and telling where the HCL is.

Those 2 computers are not even on HCL, neither were the three in the last thread u did it on.

AxeIE, i would reccomend running those 2 computers into google, finding out which one has the most intel chipsets. If they both do, i personally say the desktop, but u can run a search for those chipsets on this forums, and see how they fair. Post them back here.

Here are the specs of my two systems. I hope that will help you guys find out which one i shall choose -_-.

FS Amilo 3438G (laptop)

Motherboard: Intel® 915PM + ICH6-M (stöd för RAID 0 eller 1)

Processor: Intel®® Pentium® M 760

(2.0MHz, 533MHz FSB, 2MB L2, XD, EIST, Dothan 90nm)

RAM: 2048MB (2x1024MB, DDR2 - 533MHz)

Harddrive: 240GB SATA (2 x 120 GB HDD, 5400rpm)

Graphic card: nVidia GeForce Go 6800 (256MB/0M, DVI-I)

Soundcard: Azalia codec (7.1 SPDIF)

Network: Trådlöst integrerat WLAN 802.11b/g 54Mbps (Intel® PRO/2200BG) + 10/100/1000 Mbp/s integrerat på moderkort

FS Scaleo X:

Motherboard: MB ATX P4 i915P PCIe RAID GREEN (775 pin)

Processor: Intel Pentium P4 550 3,4 HT 1M 775 Prescott

Cache: 1 MB

Graphic card: ATI X800XT DVI, 256, ViVo AGP

Ram: 1024 MB (2 x 512 MB,) 400 MHz

Harddrive: 500 GB HDD SATA 7200rpm (2 x 250 GB HDD)

Soundcard:: Audigy 2 ZS PCI

One importent thing is that it is a "branded" motherboard in the Scaleo X.

//Axel

Does anyone know which one I shall choose as a hackintosh? Is the mobile processor a problem? I dont care if i must install Tiger instead of Leopard. Which one, tiger or leopard, is easiest to install and to get working fine?

Neither. Your best bet is finding a Core Duo, Core 2 Duo, or newish Xeon based machine. If you are looking for a simple install.

If you are wanting to work at it, use the desktop since you can swap cards if you find that there aren't any drivers for what you have.