Zephyroth 10.5.2 installed, POST installation Questions

NVE THIS

2 posts in this topic

ok, i've got Zephy's 10.5.2 AMD version running on my hp dv6500 laptop. Almost everything works without needing customizations, surprisingly things like the Wifi, Bluetooth, and web cam all work.

Now, unfortunately I don't know how or where to go from here. There are just three things, and I can live with 2 of them, that I need to figure out how to do.

1) nvidia graphics. I've got an nvidia 8400GS M in my laptop and I don't think any nvidia drivers are installed. How do I get this fixed? I can't run any graphics stuff like logic studio or imovie because it says I don't have a Quartx Extreme compatible graphics card. Do I need to do something with ktexts or ??? I have no idea.

2) audio controller. I have no sound and osx doesn't seem to see my sound card. I have a Conexant HD-Audio SmartAMC HD2, whatever that is (it's in device manager in vista) would really like this to work as well.

3) SATA. I know this is an issue, and I currently have OSX installed on an external usb hard drive which works pretty freakin awesome, so this isn't really a big thing for me, but maybe i'd like to one day have it on my internal drive and dual boot with vista. So, any insight to this would be great.

Everything else is pretty great. Hope someone can help shed some light on this. Thanks.

-Slevin

1) nvidia graphics. I've got an nvidia 8400GS M

You need to install the NVinject.kext extension.

2) audio controller. I have no sound and osx doesn't seem to see my sound card. I have a Conexant HD-Audio SmartAMC HD2

You need the ALCinject.kext extension, and to patch the AppleHDA.kext extension.

3) SATA.

You need to remove the JMicronATA.kext extension, and replace the AppleAHCIPort.kext, IOAHCIFamily.kext and IOATAFamily.kext extensions with patched versions.

All these extensions live in:

/System/Library/Extensions/

Whenever you add/remove extensions, you should open Disk Utility, choose your boot volume and "Repair Permissions".

You can get the exensions by searching the forum or Google. I'm not sure if there are any AppleHDA patches for Conexant audio though.