GeForceGo 6600 128mb

spole

18 posts in this topic

I have a Toshiba Qosmio G25 laptop that I have installed leopard 10.5.1 on from Kalyway. I have spent two days trying different packages and drivers hoping that one would work with my card with no success. I think to this point I have exhausted all possible avenues. Unless anyone out there knows of a driver package floating around that will work with this graphics card (GeforceGo 6600 128mb) then I am stuck with a crappy stretched resolution of 1024x768.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Display:

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0148

Revision ID: 0x00a2

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1024 x 768

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Software

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

Thanks for the reply, but no I haven't tried gfx-string opetion... im not sure how to...

I have tried the NVinjectGo installers, the universal geforce installer, macvidia installer, Punk92's installer, the devID method...all of them give me a message saying you must restart your machine just after bootup with the apple logo. the only one that doesnt is the universal geforce installer which after the apple loading screen just gives me a black screen

Ok that was weird... I installed it using the Kexthelper, rebooted and it loaded alot faster i was like YES it must have finally worked! But when I went to change the display resolution all that was still available was the 1024x768... do i have to rebuild the cache or something for it to show different resolutions?

Ok that was weird... I installed it using the Kexthelper, rebooted and it loaded alot faster i was like YES it must have finally worked! But when I went to change the display resolution all that was still available was the 1024x768... do i have to rebuild the cache or something for it to show different resolutions?

I can't quite remember how you do it, but you can manually enter your resolution somewhere. Like 1440x900x32.

Thanks for all your help with this nkear5.

It worked! I just changed the res manually!

* Boot OS X

* Open the TextEdit program in the Applications folder

* With TextEdit, open the file: /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist

* Open the file, and add these two lines (right after the <string>Yes</string> line)<key>Graphics Mode</key><string>1280x1024x32</string>

* Replace the 1280x1024x32 with the resolution you want

* Then, in go to File >> Save As..

* Save the file as com.apple.Boot.plist on the Desktop (make sure the .plist part is there!)

* Navigate the the /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/ folder

* Drag your com.apple.Boot.plist file on the Desktop into the folder window

* When a messages appears, click Authenticate and Replace and enter your password

* You're done! Reboot OS X to see the changes

On another note, do you have to wait at a black screen after the apple logo finishes loading? If you do I have a fix for that.

Nope no black screen :P

But thanks for asking, I'm glad its all working now :wacko: :wacko: :D

Next task is to get the wireless network working..

Nope no black screen :P

But thanks for asking, I'm glad its all working now :wacko: :wacko: :D

Next task is to get the wireless network working..

Likewise. Trying to get this 2200BG working but it's proving a hassle.

I got mine working but I can't connect to my network because its WPA secured... I can see it, just can't connect to it

I also managed to install my wireless card, but cannot connect to secured networks. I don't have a wireless router so it's not a big issue at the moment. (I was trying to connect to some random one in the list, but it returned no fruit) I'm sure I read somewhere that secured networks are not supported yet.

I thought that the NVidiaEFI.kext had solved all my problems, turns out it is actually no better than any other the other kexts I tried. As I went to reinstall Kalyway Leo 10.5.1 and installed the NVidiaEFI.kext I rebooted and was presented with the grey screen of death. Why did it seemingly work before then? I think its becuase it wasn't installed properly or something. Although I can manually change the resolution of my screen by changing the files like I said in a previous post it doesn't give me the proper video acceleration that my card can handle.

The search continues for a working driver for the Geforce Go 6600....

• 5 months later...