New, need a little help

XPSM1710

4 posts in this topic

OK, so i am new to the site and new to OSX and i need a little help installing LEO on my XPS M1710. It is farily new and but it is not a Core 2 Duo but is instead a Centrino Duo T2500, if i recall correctly, currently running @ 2.0GHz with 1Gb RAM with a 800MHz FSB. I have a NVIDIA GeForce Go 7900 GS 256MB video card, Sigmatel HD Audio card, and i am running bios revision A03.

My question is what all will i need to successfully install LEO on my computer? I have a 80Gb internal hard drive that i wish to install it on. So can anyone point me in the right direction?

people can help you here, but the problem is you didn't look around the site to find , M1730 would probably have the same type of hardware

or use the search feature. you know how gross a board looks when 784 "New Topics" are all about the same.... Topic?

So, go check out the wikis on what hardware works well and then search around the forum to find what you need to make OSX work, then find out how to make it work better, (drivers, kernels, patchs).