Getting P5B front USB ports to work

SonicArt

8 posts in this topic

Just out of curiosity, in the BIOS I turned off Legacy support for USB and next thing I know my front USB ports are working! I have a P5B-E board, but I think this should work for the other boards too.

Front USB ports will work fine with legacy enabled if you use the SMBios.kext from here. Should also sort out the system profiler to display your hardware a lot better. This won't enable any front audio ports, and the audio still only works stero out, no inputs. Just thought it might help.

If you are using USB keyboard and disable USB legacy support, the keyboard wont work in Darwin Bootloader, also any old OS (such as Win 95)

However I recently saw an updated generic USBEHCI driver in the drivers section in the forum. This one supposedly replaces the AppleUSBEHCI and is reportedly working fine with P5B without disabling legacy USB support and works even with Kernel 9.2.2. I will try this tonight and report ;)

UPDATE: I can confirm that with Legacy USB Support Enabled and with the Generic USBEHCI Driver, the front USB ports are working successfully on my Leopard installation with 9.2.2 Kernel. Here is what shows up during boot

USBF: 0.362 Found USBLEGSUP_ID - value 0x10001 - writing OSOwned

USBF: 0.622 EHCI - Ownership conflict - attempting hard reset ...

USBF: 0.622 EHCI - Force BIOS Ownership to 0

USBF: 0.622 acquireOSOwnership done - value 0x1000001

The driver can be found here

If you are using USB keyboard and disable USB legacy support, the keyboard wont work in Darwin Bootloader, also any old OS (such as Win 95)

However I recently saw an updated generic USBEHCI driver in the drivers section in the forum. This one supposedly replaces the AppleUSBEHCI and is reportedly working fine with P5B without disabling legacy USB support and works even with Kernel 9.2.2. I will try this tonight and report :(

UPDATE: I can confirm that with Legacy USB Support Enabled and with the Generic USBEHCI Driver, the front USB ports are working successfully on my Leopard installation with 9.2.2 Kernel. Here is what shows up during boot

USBF: 0.362 Found USBLEGSUP_ID - value 0x10001 - writing OSOwned

USBF: 0.622 EHCI - Ownership conflict - attempting hard reset ...

USBF: 0.622 EHCI - Force BIOS Ownership to 0

USBF: 0.622 acquireOSOwnership done - value 0x1000001

The driver can be found here

Awesome, thanks man for the help, ive been swamped and havent had a chance to try it out. Thanks again