Move Leopard to a new Hard Disk

_appleboy_

2 posts in this topic

Hi Guys,

I have bought myself a new hard disk.My current hard disk is only 80 GiB of which 30 GiB is given to Leopard.I want Leopard in my new hard disk's first partition.I dont know whether my plan is going to work out but here is my plan.Make an image of the leopard partititon,write that image to the first partition of the new hard disk and rewrite MBR.Will this work out?

Dude you need to get your SIG smaller!!

In theory YES,

Stick the new drive in the machine, get it partitioned, formatted AND bootable just like you did the first install!

Then

Use Diskutilties to restore but dont click the option to "erase destination" or you loose the bootable

or

use something like CCCloner or Superduper or......

REMEMBER, you have to make it bootable yourself none of the programs do it unless its a genuine Mac!

SticMAN

Hi Guys,

I have bought myself a new hard disk.My current hard disk is only 80 GiB of which 30 GiB is given to Leopard.I want Leopard in my new hard disk's first partition.I dont know whether my plan is going to work out but here is my plan.Make an image of the leopard partititon,write that image to the first partition of the new hard disk and rewrite MBR.Will this work out?