Planning on dual booting vista and iAtkos V1

2 posts in this topic

Pc specs

pentium D 920

2gb corsair RAM

SATA HDD

nVidia 8600GT 256MB PCI-E

Unknown MOBO.

Windows Vista has been installed first, and is the boot partition. I haven't began installing, only checking the disc can see my partitions which it can.

I am a little concerned about once it's done how will I return it to the vista bootloader. I've seen some tutorials but they don't go into a lot of detail as to what to do. I would be ever so grateful if someone could point me to a tut that really walks through that part, or help me a little on the way :) .

Another Question is what packages do I select for my install with those components posted above. I don't want to spend all day selecting dodgy packages over and over so if anyone an help me there again, thank you very much :)

I'm very interested in the project, I have tried before with a tiger install but this failed to output a display and subsequently I dropped out until by chance I spotted this again.

Yours faithfully, James

• 2 weeks later...
Pc specs

pentium D 920

2gb corsair RAM

SATA HDD

nVidia 8600GT 256MB PCI-E

Unknown MOBO.

Windows Vista has been installed first, and is the boot partition. I haven't began installing, only checking the disc can see my partitions which it can.

I am a little concerned about once it's done how will I return it to the vista bootloader. I've seen some tutorials but they don't go into a lot of detail as to what to do. I would be ever so grateful if someone could point me to a tut that really walks through that part, or help me a little on the way :( .

Another Question is what packages do I select for my install with those components posted above. I don't want to spend all day selecting dodgy packages over and over so if anyone an help me there again, thank you very much :(

I'm very interested in the project, I have tried before with a tiger install but this failed to output a display and subsequently I dropped out until by chance I spotted this again.

Yours faithfully, James

1)you don't need tuts just insert the dvd and boot from it :(

2)select the packages coresponding to your h/w specs.be careful:wrong packages can and will mess up your system