Possible fix for mouse tearing on nc6000 laptop

jet73

2 posts in this topic

I had some luck recently with my hackintosh with the screen tearing. not sure if anyone can duplicate it. but my screen now only have screen tearing once every 15 minutes instead of all the time. (without mouse pose nor the mouse locator installed)

I found with Quartz Extreme and Core Image support off. the screen is clearer and there is no screen tearing visible. however, this also means I can't Play DVD with the inbulit DVD player software.

I installed the XxX 10.4.11 with the SSE2 combo. the screen tearing was there and it was detected as the Standard VGA card with 128 MB. so I deleted all the files with the ATI name from the /System/Library/Extensions Folder and the extensions.* files from the /Systems/Library folder.

After a reboot the screen was perfect but no QE or CI. It was perfect but no DVD Playback.

So I did a around and I found a topic linked from the 10.4.8 HCL for nc6000 graphics driver. This made the mouse tearing really bad.

Then I went to the ATI site http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html

I downloaded the 10.4.x Radeon Mac Series drivers and Installed it. It installed OK without any modifications. but it didn't pick up the graphics card. but after I rebooted. the screen works without mouse tearing (only once every 15 to 20 minutes)

Hope it helps others with the same problem. please post back your results if you tried it.

• 3 weeks later...
Then I went to the ATI site http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html

I downloaded the 10.4.x Radeon Mac Series drivers and Installed it. It installed OK without any modifications. but it didn't pick up the graphics card. but after I rebooted. the screen works without mouse tearing (only once every 15 to 20 minutes)

Hope it helps others with the same problem. please post back your results if you tried it.

I was skeptical, but I do believe after installing this the tearing on my nc6000 is much better. Thanks for the tip. Still not perfect but close enough! Now if I could just get the battery icon without having to reseat the battery. . .I'd be very happy with my hp.