GMA950 dual VGA on Asrock 945G conroe

solaar

2 posts in this topic

Hi there,

I know that the Asrock 945G DVI is/was a popular mobo for OSX86, so hopefully somebody can get this one straight once for all.

All the sites where the 945G DVI is presented/reviewed/sold etc state that it has 'dual VGA' with the DVI add-on card. I installed the card and it looks like it's recognised by OSX (and all other OSes) but HOW do I hook up a second VGA monitor? I've tried several DVI to VGA adapters but none of them fit into the DVI socket of the 945G add-on card.

I would really appreciate if somebody could shed some light on this.

I suppose I'm missing something really fundamental here. What does 'dual VGA' really mean? How is it supposed to work on the Asrock 945G?

Apart from that I reckon it's still a good mobo.

cheers

sol

• 2 weeks later...

I have the Conroe 1333/DVI board (which is basically the same) - I have my TFT hooked up to the DVI port, so just insert a 2nd monitor with the VGA-cable in the onboard-VGA-connector and you`re done! You can mirror or expand your desktop without any problems.

Dr. C

EDIT: Ah, okay, maybe I missed your point - are you looking for a DVI-to-VGA adaptor? Maybe the DVI is DVI-D only, I`m not sure, so there is no way to hook up an analog VGA-display...