Kalyway 10.5.2 startup hangs for several mins

maded2

10 posts in this topic

hi all,

After applying the Kalyway 10.5.2 combo update. I noticed that the startup now hangs for several mins before getting the login screen. The only thing I see in the log that raise concern is the following entries.

13/03/2008 08:14:43 org.ntp.ntpd[36] Error : nodename nor servname provided, or not known

13/03/2008 08:14:43 com.apple.SystemStarter[38] Starting RTL8187ClientUtility

13/03/2008 08:16:07 com.apple.launchd[1] (com.apple.UserEventAgent-LoginWindow[133]) Exited: Terminated

any ideas, thanks.

maded2

installed netkas ToH 9.2.0 kernel works g8 boot up time is back to normal

here's hw to go abt installing it found this on netkas.org posted by "xalima"

1) Using Terminal, rename the “mach_kernel” (9.1.0) in root (/) directory to “mach_kernel_old”.

sudo -s

cp /mach_kernel /mach_kernel_old

2) Move the “mach_kernel” (9.2.0) from your desktop to root (/) directory.

cp ~desktop/mach_kernel /mach_kernel

3) Repair permissions.

cd /

chown -R root:wheel mach_kernel

chmod -R 755 mach_kernel

4) Reboot.

sleep was working fine before, nw it does not resume from sleep ;) havn't tried shutdown & restart yet

hw do we monitor if speedstep is working or not after this update?

• 1 month later...
I had the same problem when I install Kalyway 10.5.2 combo update. I download kalyway_10.5.2_kernels.mpkg.zip from here: http://www.4shared.com/file/39166190/fb9a6...ernelsmpkg.html and install it, I select kernel_Patched from the option and now my boot up time is back to normal.

Hi,

Yeah! It works for me!!!

My boot now is more fast, no blank screen, and no more problems with USB drivres automount!

Now I test multitask with 4GB mem, After Effects CS3 render, Final Cut 6.0.3 plaing video at 3x, and quicktime player plaing another video file. >>> SYSTEM CRASH after 2 minutes>>>Restart menssege!

Now the same test with setting maxmem=2048 at boot:

>>> OK! AFTER 5 MIN EVERYTHING WORKS FINE!!! JUST WITH 2GB!