shuttle st62k, the good and the bad

9 posts in this topic

I have it working on a Shuttle XPC 62k zen

http://global.shuttle.com/Product/barebone...iew.asp?B_id=29

I did this last week with the "flat" tiger image from the vmware files.

when the machine booted it up it was dog slow so i deleted AppleTPMACPI.kext

as a result, rosetta would not run (the machine has ssme3). i installed the .2 version of the patches and now it runs although fonts can get flakey. audio does not run even though i tried patching the ac97 kext as per instructions.

is there any way to run ssme3 rather than ssme2? any ideas for the audio?

I have it working on a Shuttle XPC 62k zen

http://global.shuttle.com/Product/barebone...iew.asp?B_id=29

I did this last week with the "flat" tiger image from the vmware files.

when the machine booted it up it was dog slow so i deleted AppleTPMACPI.kext

as a result, rosetta would not run (the machine has ssme3). i installed the .2 version of the patches and now it runs although fonts can get flakey. audio does not run even though i tried patching the ac97 kext as per instructions.

is there any way to run ssme3 rather than ssme2? any ideas for the audio?

Hey!!! I working on the ST62K right now under OS X, but have a P4 (SSE2 only).

The way I sped up the system was to use the "platform=x86pc" option. Then it worked fine. So, you might want to put back the AppleTPMACIP.kext and try again.

But I had to disable the USB in the BIOS :( Did you?

And I am STILL working on the audio issue, no luck yet. What did you put in for the vendor/device id? I tried 0x10024341 in the AppleAC97audioVIA.kext.

I'll try the platform=x86pc you suggest.

i haven't had any trouble with USB. I've got a ps2 keyboard and a microsoft usb mouse. x recognizes the mouse as intellimouse explorer. it's pretty smart! :)

yeah, that sounds like what i input for audio. ugh.

Hey!!! I working on the ST62K right now under OS X, but have a P4 (SSE2 only).

The way I sped up the system was to use the "platform=x86pc" option. Then it worked fine. So, you might want to put back the AppleTPMACIP.kext and try again.

But I had to disable the USB in the BIOS  :) Did you?

And I am STILL working on the audio issue, no luck yet. What did you put in for the vendor/device id? I tried 0x10024341 in the AppleAC97audioVIA.kext.

I'll try the platform=x86pc you suggest.

i haven't had any trouble with USB. I've got a ps2 keyboard and a microsoft usb mouse. x recognizes the mouse as intellimouse explorer. it's pretty smart! :D

yeah, that sounds like what i input for audio. ugh.

You have your USB working!?!?!?!?!? :) Hmmmfff. Everytime I enable it in the bios, it just hangs, and hangs. and hangs.

I to have a PS2 keyboard, and an intellimouse (but I have to use the USB-PS2 converter) to get it to work.

What are your BIOS settings? Have you tweaked it off the "optimized" setting?

i haven't touched the usb settings in BIOS. i don't have any usb peripherals besides the mouse.

Hmmm... so you have the keyboard via PS2, and the mouse via USB? Interesting. When I had that setup, the mouse worked, but had no keyboard.

What BIOS version are you using? I'm on ft62s00z.bin.

correction: i have the usb keyboard working. the ps2 doesn't work. i thought you said your usb doesn't work?

not sure what bios I have. i'll look later on. the sse3 core graphics patch works wonders though.

sorry for not getting back to you (family crisis).

My mouse is technically a USB mouse, but I have the little green USB to PS2 adapter. So both my keyboard, and mouse connect to their respective PS2 ports.

Every time I turn on the USB in the BIOS, OS X just hangs when trying to load the USB kext.

If I had a USB keyboard... I could test further. But, I just don't feel like spending the extra $$ for a keyboard just to try.

P.S. Still can't get the audio to work. Firewire works great :(

• 2 months later...
sorry for not getting back to you (family crisis).

My mouse is technically a USB mouse, but I have the little green USB to PS2 adapter. So both my keyboard, and mouse connect to their respective PS2 ports.

Every time I turn on the USB in the BIOS, OS X just hangs when trying to load the USB kext.

If I had a USB keyboard... I could test further. But, I just don't feel like spending the extra $$ for a keyboard just to try.

P.S. Still can't get the audio to work. Firewire works great :)

Hey Guys. I have the st62K also. It works totally awesome with the flat version of osx. I even use a 'wireless' usb mouse and keyboard. No problems. This audio is a problem though. I have heard from someone who also has a shuttle that his audio didn't work until he went into the bios and choose 'yes' rather the 'auto'. Our problem is that in our bios we only have 'no' or 'auto'. I hope this isn't the problem. Let me now if I can help.

Gil