Interesting computer setup

Nubsy

12 posts in this topic

Okay. I've tried numerous things to try to get the GUI to come up. Not once has it. The computer's specs are in my signature (dimension 2350).

So, what I have done is taken the HDD from the computer, and placed it into a hard drive enclosure, which is USB. The boot order has the DVD drive first. I put in the Kalyway DVD, tried a bunch of different flags ('-v', '-v -x', '-v -f', '-v -legacy'). However, I only get a restart after a few minutes of loading files. Last night, unfortunately, I don't remember what I had done, but I got the error: "system config gile '/com.apple/boot.plist' not found"

On the same computer, I also tried Iatkos, same flagging, however, I never get past this point. I get an error,

"BSD root: disk1s3, major 14, minor 4"

So I think my assumption was correct before; it was confused because both the HDD and DVD drives were IDE. I would put the DVD player in the enclosure, however, I cannot boot to USB. There is nothing else on the IDE cable in the comp, just the DVD drive.

Does anybody have any idea what could be going on? This is getting annoying. :P

Thanks. :D

system config gile '/com.apple/boot.plist I think that is due to the dvd? Try reburning the dvd and see if that works. Also is your Processor SSE3? Get CPU-Z to find out.Also put the hdd back into your computer and have it set with no jumper settings and have the dvd drive jumper settings as slave.

well, I reburned the disc, and i booted and used -v, and it loads files/kexts and it loads and loads, and restarts. Tried -v -x, and got the same deal... =/

I burned the DVD @ 1x, and still...

What possibly could be the issue? Everything SHOULD work, but it doesn't... =/