Kalyway DVD Boot Loop

mhjeff301

5 posts in this topic

Hi,

I've tried googling this and can't find out whats happening. I've just dl'd the Kalyway Mac OS X 10.5.1 DVD and when in Vista I partitioned 30Gb of my HDD and set the disk to active(I did not format it).

I then installed VistaBootLoader 3.

Now here's where everything gets weird...

I put the DVD in the DVD drive and reboot, when I get to the Darwin x86 boot screen I then enter -v and then in less than a second it goes back to the Darwin x86 boot screen. I've noticed that in that split second before it loops back to the boot screen it says: "system config file '/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist' not found".

I've tried -x, -v -x and vanilla and it just loops back again and won't install. In other posts that I've read, people say they can install but afterwards they get the "system config file '/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist' not found" but I can't get that far.

Does anyone know what I need to do?

I have an HP Pavillion DV2210us laptop

AMD Turion 64 X2

2Gb Ram

Thanks,

Matt

I had the same problem and from my findings i think it was from having my HD set to sata 1 and my DVD drive plugged into IDE 1. What i did to fix that was purchased an external USB DVD player and that fixed the .plist problem. I still haven't gotten it installed yet as i am having a new boot issue confict with something, and im not sure what yet.

Look to see if you dvd drive is set to master or slave as that can cause the issue as well.

-Derek Bledsoe

Derek,

Thanks for replying. I'm just a little confused about something.

Don't most pc owners have IDE DVD-ROM drives. One would think that trying to install this Mac (x86) OS would fail for most pc owners.

And in all my googling about my install problem you would think this would be the #1 mentioned problem, but it isn't. Anyway, sorry to {censored} about this.

Since the DVD drive in my laptop is the only one and the HDD is an SATA drive. I would assume the DVD is set to master. But how would I change my HDD to SATA 01? There's nothing in the Bios to set it to SATA 01. I don't want to spend any money to do this, because I would never ever use the USB DVD Drive again after the install. I don't know anyone I could borrow one from either. All my friends have internal IDE DVD drives. So I don't what I'll do.

Hope someone has some kind of workaround.

Matt

OK,

While at work I mentioned to a coworker what I was trying to do and my problems. He suggested I speak to another coworker who had a USB DVD-ROM drive. I was able to borrow it, and was able to move beyond the Darwin boot screen, but not far beyond. I typed in -v and text scrolling down my screen loading this and that and thought "alright, it's working!". But within a minute the install froze. At the point of it freezing the last line of text says, "unknown sigsegv code 0". I searched this board and found nothing relating to 10.5.1.

Any help would be great.

Matt