Need Help with install please!

Viper42391

8 posts in this topic

Hello,

I am trying to install Leopard from the Kalyway 10.5.1 DVD. I downloaded the image and burned it to a DVD. The file I downloaded had two folders, one called MACOSX, then one called KALYWAY_LEO_10.5.1intel_SSE2_SSE3... I went into the kalyway folder and burned the KALYWAY_LEO_10.5.1.iso to a DVD. I then used that to boot from. I get to the press any button to boot from CD screen. I have tried to let it boot on it's own, to go into the f8 and type -v, to go into f8 and type -v -x, etc... Every time, it loads for about 5 minutes, then reboots back to the press any key to boot screen. Would it matter that I burned the image to a DVD+RW? I just saw in another thread that for the JAS version, you have to use a DVD-R or +R.

I have a Dell Precision 360:

Intel Pentium 4 Northwood, 3.0 Ghz, SSE2.

Intel i875P chipset with intel southbridge (ICH5)

2.0Gb of DDR ram

Nvidia Quadro Fx500 Graphics

Any thoughts? Thank you in advance!

Hello,

I am trying to install Leopard from the Kalyway 10.5.1 DVD. I downloaded the image and burned it to a DVD. The file I downloaded had two folders, one called MACOSX, then one called KALYWAY_LEO_10.5.1intel_SSE2_SSE3... I went into the kalyway folder and burned the KALYWAY_LEO_10.5.1.iso to a DVD. I then used that to boot from. I get to the press any button to boot from CD screen. I have tried to let it boot on it's own, to go into the f8 and type -v, to go into f8 and type -v -x, etc... Every time, it loads for about 5 minutes, then reboots back to the press any key to boot screen. Would it matter that I burned the image to a DVD+RW? I just saw in another thread that for the JAS version, you have to use a DVD-R or +R.

I have a Dell Precision 360:

Intel Pentium 4 Northwood, 3.0 Ghz, SSE2.

Intel i875P chipset with intel southbridge (ICH5)

2.0Gb of DDR ram

Nvidia Quadro Fx500 Graphics

Any thoughts? Thank you in advance!

Same problem as mine too..Got stuck when the system kept on rebooting..I'm using Lenovo, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0GhZ..SSE3..and I burn it on DVD+RW...could this be the matter of the main problem we can't bypass the darwin loading process????..It might!!..My HD is 250GB SATA, and PATA 80GB..I try to install Kalway on PATA..but the same problems occurs..I'm confuse and dying to get this on my Lenovo..Any guide here would be highly appreciate. Thanks..

• 3 months later...
Okay, I will try that. I am also downloading the JaS 10.4.8 DVD and the ToH 10.5.1 DVD right now. I have heard that a lot of the people that have this problem, the JaS Tiger version works, so I'll try that if this doesn't work.

Hi... I was wondering if you got your 630i to work? I have one of these boards also and I am trying to figure out whether I want to use this MB for my windows machine or for my osx86 hackintosh. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks!

• 9 months later...

I also have a dell precision 360 and am new to the "MAC on a PC idea." I downloaded 10.5.2 and the same thing happens to me. It attempts to read from the disk when booting up, then restarts after a few seconds. Do I need to find a different version of the mac OS to install? I'm completely lost.