installed kalaway then ?

samykoka

3 posts in this topic

hi all

noob need help ,

installed from kalaway 10.5.1 , it was smooth :) , i even overclocked my E6750 to 3.6

and my mac :) reads mac pro 3.6ghz OK ... a few Q. still needs answering plz

- i installed it on the ide HD connected to Jmicron on my abit ip35 pro , and i have 2 other raid0 arrayays contains win vista , and win server 2008 , leo can't read my arrays ?? is there a fix for this

- how to know if i'm using EFI , vanella what ? execuse my ignorance but i'm new to all this :)

- got my nvidia workin through a package i downloaded and run from leo , don't know if this is what is call nvinjection or some other thing ( xfx 8600gt xxx edition)

- can't get abit audio to work , plz guide me to the right kext (is that right?)

- can i install softawre package designed for intel on this osx86 leo ? like adobe master collection ?

please help you wonderfull guys :)

thx

-------------------------------------------my system ------------------------------

- abit ip35 pro , E6750 @ 3.6 450x9

- xfx gforce 8600gt 256 MB xxx edition

- 2x1 GB ram corsaire xms @ 4.4.4.12

- 2x160GB hd in raid0 (server 2008)

- 2x 80GB hd in raid0 (vista)

- 1x 120 GB ide hd (leo)

- dvd sata

- usb keyb and mouse

Hi,

The EFI is simulated. This is a sort of BIOS for the Mac. I think vanilla is the original kernel from Mac OS, I've read it somewhere on this forum (I think even wikipedia has an article about this)

From wikipedia.com

EFI emulation

In early November 2007, a group of hackers (led by respected community member Netkas) made using an already modified boot-132 source root from David Elliot, or dfe, [1] a method [2] of emulating an EFI environment using a specially modified darwin bootloader [3]. In practical terms, this meant that regular PCs meeting a minimum set of hardware requirements could now be "seen" as real Macintosh Computers by the OS, allowing the use of unmodified, "stock" Apple kernels and thus giving a more transparent and reliable operation. Several methods to give real world deployment of this innovative solution have arisen all around the net. An explanation of this achievement along with a usage guide was provided by the website DigitMemo.com [4]:

Extensible Firmware Interface (EFI) is a specification that defines a software interface between an operating system and platform firmware.

EFI is intended as a significantly improved replacement of the legacy BIOS firmware interface historically used by all IBM PC compatible PCs. Currently most PCs running Microsoft Windows rely on BIOS, while Intel based Macs have been built with EFI firmware since day one. OSx86 hackers have speculatively suggested that despite EFI's technical advantages, apple's choice of firmware is also influenced by their desires to maintain a closed hardware platform.

Ironically, Microsoft Windows XP supports BIOS only. Apple had to author software called Boot camp to enable users to run windows on Intel based Macs. The EFI patch works in a similar manner: it emulates EFI data for normal BIOS-based PCs and allows OS X to treat BIOS based hardware platforms as genuine EFI-based Macs.

True EFI emulation was a highly sought after asset for the OSX86 community. Previous efforts based upon Apple’s open source Darwin Project and Hackintosh gurus allowed users to enjoy OS X on normal PCs, with patched kernels/kernel modules which simply bypassed EFI. Using the EFI patch, hackintoshes could boot off "vanilla" (unmodified) OS X kernels and use vanilla kernel extensions, allowing the system to be compatible with future system updates, and giving increased stability. Also of significant note, under apple's End User License Agreement, the modification of non-open-source components of the OS is forbidden.

Here are some third party drivers: [qoute]http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/3rdPartyDrivers[/qoute]

Maybe your soundcard is available here.

If you try to install software, it will give an error if it won't work.

Good luck.