Boot problem with Leopard

homers

3 posts in this topic

Hi

I asked this in the Multi boot section but got no replies and because I have fixed my OS Selector not working problem I thought I would ask here.

OS selector is working so at start up it sees my Vista drive and Mac OS X drive.

When I click Vista it boots fine but when I boot mac it comes up with a blinking "_". Before OS selector this problem still occured but I would have my mac drive on SATA 1 and have to boot from CD and it would then boot hard disk. How can i fix this problem so it will boot into mac in OS selector?

Thanks

Ok this is 2 things you can do...

1- Boot off the Install DVD and let the countdown go down without pushing any buttons it should boot into the intro video and later setup

2- Go into windows- go to start then run ( if in vista just click in the box at the bottom of the start menu) and type diskpart now when the diskpart command prompt comes up type "list disk" ( no quotes) and press enter now type "select disk #-- where # is the disk os x is installed to) and hit enter- now type "list part" and hit enter now type "select partition # ( where # is the partition os x is on - usually flagged as an unknown type) now type "active" and hit enter now reboot and when you do that you will get the darwin bootloader - now when the timer is counting down hit any button and then use the arrow keys to select the OS you want to boot into and hit enter - Enjoy. :(

Hi

I tried the second option but all I get is MBR error 3 and then it goes into Vista again.

I think the MBR error was due to Os selector trying to boot from a CD or something. I have disabled OS selector now but it still comes up

Any other ideas?