USB Wireless Device for iATKOS 10.5 on Dell E1505

TikiTorch

4 posts in this topic

Hello,

First of all, spent many a weekend on this site pouring through the forums. I give credit to all those who've worked so hard in each department to make all these things work. I have successfully gotten iATKOS 10.5 Leo working on my Dell E1505, got the screen resolution set, managed to figure out the patchers to get the sound working (although when you plug headphones in the speakers still output sound).

Anyway, aside from making SLEEP work (which I see no solution for currently) I want to get my WLAN working. Again no solution in sight since I have the 3945ABG.

My question is basically, under this hardware/software setup, what USB WLAN device could I get that will work? I am not interested in replacing my internal wireless card, just a USB when I am running LEO. I run two separate HDD for OSX and XP.

Thanks in advance, :(

check the wiki

But I also have the 3945 ( and the same wake from sleep problems you do)

I use an airlink (with the tiger driver) $10 @ fry's if you live in the U.S.!

Good luck, and congrats on getting leo to work, are you running 5.2?

Hi

Most of the Wiki items seem to cover Tiger, and those that I did find referencing Leopard were mixed reviews of whether it worked or not. But if you can direct me to the correct page I'll check it out.

I am running 10.5.1 iATKOS. Not sure if/how to upgrade to 10.5.2, don't want to screw the installation up. I've redone this about 20 times it seems, both with Tiger and Leo. I make a change and suddenly it crashes. I tried to get the cpus=1 into the boot.plist but it doesn't work, where as the screen resolution change I typed in works just fine.

Anyway, I will check out your USB WLAN recommendation, I am looking for plug n play without patching.

Thanks

• 6 months later...