After installation of 10.4 on Vaio C2s OS X hangs after Apple logo

lsarcher

7 posts in this topic

The Specs of the notebook are:

Intel T550 1,66 GHz

2 Gig RAM

Intel 950 Graphics

The Installation of 10.5 didn't work with the disks i had. The Installation with Jas 10.4 did fine, but after booting i just came up with a grey screen after the

apple logo and the short flash of a blue screen. (Seems like the grey screen is 

robably a video that should get played?)

I tried different installation versions: With all drivers, without drivers, Just with the 950 Driver... But none worked. Is there a way to get into the terminal instead of X11? The Apple boot keys seem not to work for me, and there is no prompt were i could enter anything before booting, so i wanted to give the terminal a try.

Any other hints?

thx

lsarcher

on booting darwin hit F8 and type -v to see what is done, come back and post your errors or where it stopped ( but not only the last line)

if darwin boots, the apple logo comes up with the spinning wheel, and you get a blue screen afterwards, then it stops, you dont have the right grafic drivers installed for your card.

but come back with the error log ( you are almost there, most people hang earlier)

Ok, i just managed to start in in -v mode, and read the var/log/system.log. The last lines are:

GFX0: family specific matching failsdisplay: family specific matching fails

Clast "IOIntel915Accelerator" is duplicate

Duplicate class

Is that any help?

thx

lsarcher

I installed the "JaS 10.4.8 AMD INTEL SSE2 SSE3" DVD. Kalyway 10.5.1 and some other 10.5. didn't work for me.

About the graphics card: I am pretty sure it is a 950. Sticker on the notebook says it and darwin boot mentions it as 82945G Chipset Family, which seems to are the 940, 945 and 950 chips