Possible without vista boot dvd?

consume

4 posts in this topic

I've been looking around and i finally got the iatkos iso, which is currently burning. But one problem is that i don't have a vista boot disk, because my pc came with the recovery cds instead. Is there anyway i can still do this and dual boot without having the vista boot dvd?

Get:

Gparted Live CD

EasyBCD

and learn all the Diskpart and Bootrec switches and you should be good to go.

If you have a fast connection you may want to download the Vista ISO just incase.

The only thing you should need the Vista boot DVD is for repairing but with the OS X cd you can repair by typing -s at the boot prompt. From there type fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0 (assuming you are using disk 0) and then flag 1 which should make the vista partition active again. If you do get the winload.exe error I believe you will need the Vista DVD then. I am not sure but maybe someone can correct me if I am wrong.

Get:

Gparted Live CD

EasyBCD

and learn all the Diskpart and Bootrec switches and you should be good to go.

If you have a fast connection you may want to download the Vista ISO just incase.

The only thing you should need the Vista boot DVD is for repairing but with the OS X cd you can repair by typing -s at the boot prompt. From there type fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0 (assuming you are using disk 0) and then flag 1 which should make the vista partition active again. If you do get the winload.exe error I believe you will need the Vista DVD then. I am not sure but maybe someone can correct me if I am wrong.

Hey thanks for that but do you also have some type of instant messenger account? I have a lot more questions but i don't want to turn this into a chat room type of thread....if you can pm me with your aim account name i would be very greatful.