Need mic in on ALC888 sound codec, help!

copperboy

9 posts in this topic

Currently I am on Leopard 10.5.2, iATKOS v1.0i r2 with the kalyway 10.5.2 update.

ALC888 works right after I installed iATKOS v1.0i r2, but I have only got 2-channel working. I really want the mic in and line in. Is there any solution?

Hardware Spec:

ALC888 on MSI 945GCM5-F V2, 945GC + ICH7

• 10 months later...

Same here. I have High Definition 8 channel audio Supports SPDIF input/output Audio CODEC: Realtek ALC888 onboard audio on a ASUS P5LP-le (leonite 2) motherboard. If I find anything, I'll let you know.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, pal. I was just wondering, those two modified kexts that you were talking about there, how did you install them? Kext Helper B7, or just drag and drop into the Extensions folder.

PS. I removed iAtkos and put Kalyway 10.5.2 (Modified SystemVersion.plist to 10.5.6) does that change anything? Should I do anything different or exactly what you did?

Everyone, got my mic working! Finally, line in and digital in as well!

What you have to do: Create an audio codec dump from a linux environment, using this command:

cat /proc/asound/card0/codec#1 > ~/Desktop/codec_dump.txt

depending on which distro of ubuntu you're running, it is possible

that you'll need to change codec#1 to codec#0 or codec#2,

if you're getting an error saying codec#1 file doesn't exist.

If there is no error, then you should see a file called codec_dump.txt on your desktop. Save that to a pen drive and drag the file onto taruga Patcher 2.0 (don't open the app, just drag the file onto the icon). The patcher will do everything and then you reboot. Everything should be working great now.

All credit where credit is due, I got the instructions from ubuntu forums (the audio codec ones).

Cheers,

ruller.