The ethernet is recognized but no connection...

Mice

6 posts in this topic

Hi guys!

Sorry but I couldn´t find an answer to my problem in search...

I´ve installed Leopard (iAtkos r2), everythings looks fine but I have 2 problems:

1. I have to boot from DVD with rd=blablabla (thank you guys!) but I´ll fix it later...

2. The ethernet card is recognized by Leopard but i have no connection! I´ve try DHCP, manually... I simple don´t understand...

My connection is a windows network... is something to do with this problem? I have a Jmicron controller and everything was fine on installation, i don´t think that is a Bios problem... could be?

I´ve tried to register the ethernet kext in the terminal but no success...

Can you help me with this pls? ;)

2. The ethernet card is recognized by Leopard but i have no connection! I´ve try DHCP, manually... I simple don´t understand...

My connection is a windows network... is something to do with this problem? I have a Jmicron controller and everything was fine on installation, i don´t think that is a Bios problem... could be?

I´ve tried to register the ethernet kext in the terminal but no success...

Can you help me with this pls? :(

This is just a shot in the dark, but I have a Realtek 8111b on my board and Leopard will automatically recognize it only if I enabled a setting in the BIOS called "Onboard H/W LAN".. I didn't have to do this for Windows to work with the integrated LAN, but for OSX, I had to. Otherwise, it would just say "Not Connected". No matter what I did (changing all the settings) it would not detect a connection. Good luck.

Could you be more specific in describing your network configuration?

Sorry! I´m not a expert and don´t know what else I can tell you about network... It´s nothing unusual...

I´m connected to internet by a normal router... The onboard RealTek RTL8169 is configured manually with fixed IP, gateway and everything... the same configuration works on Windows XP and don´t work on Leopard...

Here´s my pc config:

- Dual Core Intel Pentium 2.8

- Asus P5VD2-X

- GeForce 7100

- HDD IDE Samsung (3 partitions: WindowsXP|ntfs, MacOS|MacExtend Journaled and Files|ntfs)

- IDE DVD Burner

- RAM DDR2 1024MB

Pls help me to provide you more info about network config :( ...

[]´s

This is just a shot in the dark, but I have a Realtek 8111b on my board and Leopard will automatically recognize it only if I enabled a setting in the BIOS called "Onboard H/W LAN".. I didn't have to do this for Windows to work with the integrated LAN, but for OSX, I had to. Otherwise, it would just say "Not Connected". No matter what I did (changing all the settings) it would not detect a connection. Good luck.

Thanks man, but this option was already enabled... I did try to disable too and no success...

Im gonna burn iAtkos with Equate´s patch (r3) and try to install again, later I´ll post here...

[]´s

*UPDATED - Just finish to install the Equate´s patch and still the same... :(

Ok! Everythings just fine now! :D

Here's what I did...

- Installed iAtkos r3 with just Darwin boot EFI and SS3 Patch (fixed the forced boot with DVD, now I dont need it anymore...)

- Downloaded the ethernet driver from realtek website, and downloaded the nVinject for my nvidia 7100...

At this time everthing is working but some apps just crash when loads up... dont know why... maybe some conf in Bios? :)

Well thanks for your help guys!