M-Audio Audiphile 2496 working in 10.5.1?

meansizzler

4 posts in this topic

Could not see a post for this but since this card works in the previous MAC OS X, and their is a leopard driver for 10.5.1 on their site but for the PPC version, does it work on with an Intel hackintosh build?

Someone msut of tried this card?

• 4 weeks later...

I've head that there will be no official Intel drivers cause Intel Mac doesn't have PCI slots inside (just PCI-E) and becase of that, it is impossible to mount Audiophile 2496 (and other PCI cards) inside. Maybe someone will release hacked drivers but there will be no official release :rolleyes:

Maybe i'm wrong.. (i wish i was)

Greetz

Arg! Three weeks ago I started trying to save some $ to get an audio card for this thing. And it took two weeks to get here. Now I find out it isn't supported! I am furious. I just looked online, saw a Leopard driver, PCI-X compliance, so I figured I was good to go. I am so used to PPC that I keep fogetting that I need to check explicitly for X86 compatable drivers.

There *was* one Intel Macintosh with PCI slots: The "Intel transition kit" which they put out before their official X86 macs.

My box here is great but it has no onboard audio. Now I don't know what to do... Most of the posts here are for onboard chipsets rather than PCI cards. The only brand which I hear has OSx86 compatable drivers is Hammerfall, but I can't afford now. Off to do some research, I guess.