Problem with SATA Harddrive

crazyaim

7 posts in this topic

Hello i having problems with my 250gb sata drive everytime i boot into the installer it does not appear in disk utility tho my sata external harddrive does? check my sig for specs come on guys really need help with this btw this happens on Kalyway and TOH x86 RC2 but TOH x86 RC2 works on my external

Asrock 4coredual -sata 2 it says

Go into BIOS and try some settings and see what can work. In many cases, you need to have SATA as AHCI and enable SATA controller if there is any option like that. If nothing works, then there may be option to use SATA as IDE device. Enable (or use it) as IDE device. That should take it. On my GA-965P-DS3, I have not seen any difference in speed with SATA or IDE settings.

Go into BIOS and try some settings and see what can work. In many cases, you need to have SATA as AHCI and enable SATA controller if there is any option like that. If nothing works, then there may be option to use SATA as IDE device. Enable (or use it) as IDE device. That should take it. On my GA-965P-DS3, I have not seen any difference in speed with SATA or IDE settings.

I went into BIOS could not find SATA to AHCI same with SATA Controller (but i did find IDE Controller).I can't find a option to use SATA as IDE device.