Kalyway 10.5.1 post-install boot issue. Please help!

~LLama

3 posts in this topic

I've got a Dell D620. Was running dual-boot 10.4.8/XP (using osx/darwin's own boot selector if I needed windows) without a hitch. Finally took the plunge, backed up all the data (but not the whole partition) from my OSX Install and installed the Kalyway DVD.

Here's the problem: It won't boot. If I leave the Leopard DVD in the drive, and let it run it's 8 second countdown out, it will boot OSX off the harddrive (ahh the DVD trick) however without the DVD in the drive, nada. Flashing cursor, thrashing HD, but no booting.

I didn't wipe the whole HD, just the old HFS (already set bootable) partition. Double checked using Gparted (linux live CD) and the partition is still bootable. I used the MBR EFI as the drive was already formatted MBR. And I've tried both the Vanilla and other kernels.

Any thoughts? I'd just hate to have to carry the DVD around any time I need to reboot. Kind of a pain in the ass, especially when it used to work before.

Any help, as always, is much appreciated.

Download iAtkos DVD and installed the Bootloader that comes with it under the DVD menu Utilities it worked flawlessly for my Kalyway install but the only thing is make sure u install the vanilla kernel if your processor supports it and you need to know your disk number and partition number cause the Bootloader is an EFI bootloader. Hope this helps :D