DVD playback

6 posts in this topic

First off Im a very new at this and im trying it out and learning and its been fun so far.

WHen I first installed tiger from XXX osx 10.4.10 The dvd player I had did not even function. I read a walkthrough on dvd play back and I got it to read the dvd player, right now my problem is when I try to play a dvd I get an error that says " a vaild video device couild not be found for play back" I have an onboard intell graphics card and I am unsure of the next step to fix this. any advice would be apreciated

You do not have Quartz Extreme/Core Image supported once you get those supported then then DVD's should play with no problem but you didnt even state what kinda of Onboard graphics chip you have so i really can't help you but i can lead u in the right direction. Hope this helps :D

Thank you for the help. Like I said its an onboard video. Its a dell inspirion 110 and it has a Intel 845GL cipset. Im working on getting this dvd playback working which I have no idea how to get that working, my pcim card working so i can get wireless instead of this cord and my sound, which sadly I dont think is supported.

There is a way to get your Video supported but only Quartz Extreme, no Core Image though. Its somewhere in the Tutorials (Genius Bar) Forums check it out i believe someone and Jas are working together to get everything working graphics wise on that chipset and also what kind of sound card are you using let me know and i can tell you if its supported or not. Hope this helps. :)

ya its an ancient board i know, but thats kinda why i have been playing with doing osx on it. When I stumbled across that this even possible on a PC I decided to jump in and learn, so far I have found it rewarding.

Sound card has been a chore for me. I have found alot of tips and stuff and ran into alot of problems, none leading to an answer. I have a sigmatel 9750 which I have found to be the least friendlist when it comes to osx.

also my wireless pci wireless card dell 1300 is unsupported. But I am determined to get everything working. this is going to be a fun project.

But first things first, dvd playback and sound