EXSYS EX-6450 Pci FW card working (Texas Instrument chipset)

starobrno1

3 posts in this topic

It´s amazing finally I found a Pci FW card for this old {censored} mobo that actually works. No dropouts at all been testing it for a couple of hours now and hell it works. Did a quick test in Logic studio to and no problemas at all.

I´m running Kalys Leo 10.5.1 . To all Asus p4p800se owners out there congrats there´s still hope for us guys hehe. Well I´ll still keep building my new hackmac based on a Gigabyte P35 DS3R and the q6600 but this was a fun thing making it possible for me to enjoy the hackmac and Logic fully way before I thought I could get a chance to.

• 11 months later...
It´s amazing finally I found a Pci FW card for this old {censored} mobo that actually works. No dropouts at all been testing it for a couple of hours now and hell it works. Did a quick test in Logic studio to and no problemas at all.

I´m running Kalys Leo 10.5.1 . To all Asus p4p800se owners out there congrats there´s still hope for us guys hehe. Well I´ll still keep building my new hackmac based on a Gigabyte P35 DS3R and the q6600 but this was a fun thing making it possible for me to enjoy the hackmac and Logic fully way before I thought I could get a chance to.

Hi!

I bought the same firewire pci card but I cannot detect still any device. I am using Kaliway Leopard 10.5.2 with a Gigabyte GA-945-GCM-S2L.

I would like to ask, did you use any drivers to make it work? should I modify something so that it works?

• 2 weeks later...