10.5.5 iDeneb 1.3 install guide (for custom system)

fayze

150 posts in this topic

blackmsp2003 & JustJonno & .orion:

what install options are you choosing?

.orion:

you might be having problems with your ram. ive read some places that it sometimes doesnt like more than 3 gb of ram. might need to try the 'maxmem' boot flag. im not sure about the id=AF thing. i just use the diskutility off the dvd. are you using diskpart in the command line on the disc, or a linux bootdisc, or something else?

@fayze:

I've got it installed finally.. made the newbie classic error of not selecting any install packages to install... I even managed to get the integrated nForce Ethernet to work and work amazingly well too... only issue i seem to have now is that it won't read any CD's or DVD's, even those with Mac partitions like the WoW install disks, all i get is the "disk cannot be read" error. I know the disks work though as they installed into my mates macbook pro..

any suggestions?? i've tried the -f option on boot and no joy there.

JJ

orion:

yeah, i forget the exact syntax though. 'maxmem=###' something like that.

and yeah, dont use windows to partition anything. it doesnt know what its doing. try using Gparted magic. itll boot you into a linux disc and use that to partition/format your hdd. use it to make a fat32 partition, then boot to mac install disc and reformat the fat32 to HFS+. then install on that.

JustJonno:

it might be the fact that your dvd is sata connected. i think ive seen people have problems with those, but im not sure. if you have a spare ide dvd drive, try seeing if that one will work. other than that, you'll just have to research the drive itself i guess.

@Fayze:

Thanks matey.. i'll take a look about and see what i can find. I've added you onto my aim list if you're ok with that? i'll let you know what happens and if i can get it going or not.

JJ

oki.. managed to get the SATA DVD drive working :thumbsup_anim: thanks to MeDevil and his patch.. you can get it here at this thread the TEST one worked for me, but the other two might work for you, all depends on your SATA.

For those interested, i'll dig out the nForce Internet Network fix that worked for me too if there's interest.

JJ

first off, what did you choose the first few times?

just taking a guess, i would try the ichx fix only. for chipset. but you didnt list your mobo so that might not be good. you might need more for sound or network, but i dont know what those are.

heres the license file, which has the list of all the patches on the disc.

License.rtf

blackmsp2003:

dont just select them all, thats probly why the install crashes at the end. you need to select one package from each section at most. one lan, one audio, etc. ill take a look at your computer specs tomorrow, but for now i have to get some sleep for my 8 am class.

Hey Fayze.. i can't seem to find the original thread that i got the nForce stuff from so i'm going to just attach them here for you and anyone else. Its a self install pkg and it works.. and works amazingly well too! i'm maxing out my 16mb internet connection with no data or packet loss at all..

I've also sourced and found the rosetta translator and the CarbonFix package which i also added in if you want them.

Now to stop WoW from borking out the 3D occasionally... hmm...

JJ

nForceLAN.pkg.zip

Rosetta_Translate_Fix.pkg.zip

CatbonLib_FIX.pkg.zip

JustJonno:

okay thanks for posting those. i think the nForceLAN might be the same as one on the disc, but im not sure. im going to look at it later and check it out. so are you running vanilla kernel or a modded one?

blackmsp2003:

bad news. i found this on your graphics. if youre okay with that permanent res, ill look into your laptop more. but if not, im gonna quit looking now. test out that res on your laptop now if you can and see if you want to deal with it, and let me know. ill look around some more if you decide still want to mac your laptop.

JustJonno:

okay thanks for posting those. i think the nForceLAN might be the same as one on the disc, but im not sure. im going to look at it later and check it out. so are you running vanilla kernel or a modded one?

Thats ok :( i'm running vanilla i think, i'm actually starting to like the Mac more and more as i get to know the cores and patching etc. kinda makes me wish i had the money to go and buy an iMac 22" :)

Only got the 3D issue to solve which i think is the NVInject, might have to play with the different versions to see which works better with my 8600gs.. either way i'm loving the new install... ilife works, mac:office works and i get to play with garageband and wow.. what more could i want :D

JJ

^_^ finally got osx86 working, not fully, i used the iatkos distribution. Still need ethernet, wifi, proper graphics, sound, usb, cardreader(i dont use it anyway)

hope this will help

00:00.0 Host bridge [0600]: Intel Corporation Mobile 4 Series Chipset Memory Controller Hub [8086:2a40] (rev 07)

00:01.0 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation Mobile 4 Series Chipset PCI Express Graphics Port [8086:2a41] (rev 07)

00:1a.0 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB UHCI Controller #4 [8086:2937] (rev 03)

00:1a.1 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB UHCI Controller #5 [8086:2938] (rev 03)

00:1a.2 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB UHCI Controller #6 [8086:2939] (rev 03)

00:1a.7 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB2 EHCI Controller #2 [8086:293c] (rev 03)

00:1b.0 Audio device [0403]: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) HD Audio Controller [8086:293e] (rev 03)

00:1c.0 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) PCI Express Port 1 [8086:2940] (rev 03)

00:1c.4 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) PCI Express Port 5 [8086:2948] (rev 03)

00:1c.5 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) PCI Express Port 6 [8086:294a] (rev 03)

00:1d.0 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB UHCI Controller #1 [8086:2934] (rev 03)

00:1d.1 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB UHCI Controller #2 [8086:2935] (rev 03)

00:1d.2 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB UHCI Controller #3 [8086:2936] (rev 03)

00:1d.7 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB2 EHCI Controller #1 [8086:293a] (rev 03)

00:1e.0 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation 82801 Mobile PCI Bridge [8086:2448] (rev 93)

00:1f.0 ISA bridge [0601]: Intel Corporation ICH9M LPC Interface Controller [8086:2919] (rev 03)

00:1f.2 IDE interface [0101]: Intel Corporation ICH9M/M-E 2 port SATA IDE Controller [8086:2928] (rev 03)

00:1f.3 SMBus [0c05]: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) SMBus Controller [8086:2930] (rev 03)

00:1f.5 IDE interface [0101]: Intel Corporation ICH9M/M-E 2 port SATA IDE Controller [8086:292d] (rev 03)

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: ATI Technologies Inc Mobilitiy Radeon HD 3400 Series [1002:95c4]

01:00.1 Audio device [0403]: ATI Technologies Inc RV620 Audio device [Radeon HD 34xx Series] [1002:aa28]

07:00.0 Ethernet controller [0200]: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. Unknown device [11ab:4355] (rev 12)

08:00.0 Network controller [0280]: Intel Corporation Unknown device [8086:4232]

0a:01.0 FireWire (IEEE 1394) [0c00]: O2 Micro, Inc. Firewire (IEEE 1394) [1217:00f7] (rev 02)

0a:01.2 SD Host controller [0805]: O2 Micro, Inc. Integrated MMC/SD Controller [1217:7120] (rev 02)

0a:01.3 Mass storage controller [0180]: O2 Micro, Inc. Integrated MS/xD Controller [1217:7130] (rev 01)

Fayze, thanks for all the help so far!

I tried what you told me. I used Gparted magic to boot and made a FAT32 partition. But I'm still stuck with the installation DVD - it just won't run anymore. No matter what parameters I choose, it either ends up waiting for disk0s1 (if I don't use rd=disk1s1) or the kernel panics with "nfs_boot_init failed".. maxmem didn't seem to make a difference..

My setup is just like my Signature...

I used ROXIO to burn my ISO to DVD drive @ 4x speed... I had already set my SATA configuration to AHCI in Bios.. But, whenever the DVD starts, no matter what I pressed (-V), the message "com.apple.boot.plist is not found" always shows up..

What is the solution for this??

Please help me cause I am stuck..

Thank you..

yahonmaizosz:

the 'com.apple.boot.plist not found' error usually means a bad burn, or corrupted iso. check the hash on the iso and if its good, burn again. use the slowest setting you can.

Seejay: & orion:

ill have to get back with you tomorrow, i got a paper to write for tomorrow. your questions require more thinking than i can afford right now.

yahonmaizosz:

the 'com.apple.boot.plist not found' error usually means a bad burn, or corrupted iso. check the hash on the iso and if its good, burn again. use the slowest setting you can.

I appreciate your help, but how do I exactly check the hash on the iso and see if it is good??

I am not really familiar in the world of iso burning.. Any help would be appreciated.. Thank you again..

I don't really know how to use the HasTab.. But, after reading the instructions, it seems that I have to compare the iso file to another iso file.. Is that correct??

Anyway, here is the image that I get after comparing.. I checked the hash for iDeneb 10.5.5 and compare it with iDeneb 10.5.5....

I am still quite lost on this hash thing.. Any help would be appreciated..

Thank You..

Nvm.. I finally found out how to correctly use the hash tab..

After comparing the Hash info I get from Hash tab and the Hash information provided on the download site, I found out that it is different..

What should I do now??

One last thing, which Hash should I compare it with??

The MD5 or the SHA1??

Thank You..

post-304348-1233562926_thumb.jpg