photo booth problem

dals

10 posts in this topic

can someone please tell me why my photo booth is not working properly ?

here is a picture of what it looks like when i open it.

picture1ui5.th.png

i am using a camera that i just bought today to use it with leopard and its called creative live! cam video IM pro.

i know it should work well because when i bought it at bestbuy i tried it on their macs running leopard and it worked great but just on my photo booth its not. thanks in adv.

I have the same issue, but with a different camera. I got mine at Futureshop and it's a Gear Head USB 2.0 camera designed for Mac. It works with everything else like ichat, yahoo, Amsn and such. But it doesn't work with either quicktime capture nor photobooth. I get the same thing your looking at. I figured out the quicktime problem though, tell it to decode natively, and not force mpeg 4 or h264. But yeah, i see what you see in photobooth too.

Come on guys, some help here? Thanks in advance.

I have the same issue, but with a different camera. I got mine at Futureshop and it's a Gear Head USB 2.0 camera designed for Mac. It works with everything else like ichat, yahoo, Amsn and such. But it doesn't work with either quicktime capture nor photobooth. I get the same thing your looking at. I figured out the quicktime problem though, tell it to decode natively, and not force mpeg 4 or h264. But yeah, i see what you see in photobooth too.

Come on guys, some help here? Thanks in advance.

i no right its really pissing me off. i really want to use photobooth but that happens ugh, id give anything even ichat support so it would work with photo booth lol i just cant stand not being able to use booth. ugh. if you hear anything post it here. thanks buddy

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same problem with the same camera..

how I fixed it was I found and ran Photobooth 1.2 .. when that ran .. It worked .. but 1.2 was useless, while the video worked now, it didn't save any pictures, none of the "Effects" worked etc.... so on a laugh, I ran the current 10.5 version of photo booth and the dammed thing worked!!!

I'm not sure what running the old photobooth 1.2 did .. but it seemed to have fixed the scrambled video problem with the creative live! cam video IM pro webcam.!!! :):D

While I don't plan on using 1.2 .. I'll keep it around incase it gets munged up again ..

if you need to download photobooth 1.2 .. check the link on this page http://mactasticsite.blogspot.com/2006_10_01_archive.html you have to scroll down a bit ..