B0 Error - Kalyway & Vista dual

peechy

3 posts in this topic

Hello folks,

So here's the issue:

I installed Vista on my Vostro 1500, no probs there. I partition the disk, installed 10.5.1 from Kalyway - no problem there. Rebooted and it went straight to OSX - woohoo!

Rebooted to the Kalyway disk, set the Vista partition as active (so I could then copy Chain0 and dual boot) but... B0 Error!

Now, no matter what I try, i can't boot into the Vista partition. My Vista install CD finds my current Vista install without any problem (i'm looking at it right now) but just won't boot to it. The partition is currently active, but still - B0 Error. This happened earlier, so I reinstalled Vista entirely - which then caused OSX to give me the dreaded HFS error...

I realize this has to do with my absolute lack of Mac experience, but if someone has the time to help me out, I would really appreciate it. - - If the Vista partition is active... is there some way that OSX is telling the laptop to boot to the wrong partition?

Thanks!

• 6 months later...

I've only played with osx86 for fun as it seems to be very very cagey getting it to work successfully unless you have lots of time and patience. To answer your question I found that acronis os selector will fix any boot problems after installation of osx86 if you can't boot to windows (for xp vista etc) I made a bootable cdr of acronis disk director and enabled/installed acronis os selector and I can still choose my original os if kalyway leo4all etc don't work and take over your active partition.

I hooe this helps. It did for me.