My hacintosh - Silverstone SG01s-w modded

Mattro

6 posts in this topic

Here is a pic of my case mod. I still have to put the screws back in but it is 98% done. I replaced the windows with perforated metal to make the case look more mac like.

hacintosh.jpg

hacintosh2.jpg

LOL, yeah I used the kitchen for build purposes. the problem, is I am out of desk space for all of my machines. I am in the process of reorganizing the den and adding more desk space. Thanks for the kind words. The advantage to having it in the kitchen is that I can get food and drink way fast during late night computing sessions.

Looks pretty sweet man.

Im not sure i could stick sitting with a computer beside the screen, but as it appears that your setup in the kitchen id imagine this isnt its final resting place.

Yeah the kitchen is often my sudo workshop.

i got into to trouble with my mom for baking paint in the oven, and forgot to take the dinner out before hand.....didnt taste very nice!

I like the way youve replaced the perspex with mesh, im kind of sick of perspex at the moment, its snapped or broken on me far too many times...carbon fibre ftw!! especially when you can get it dirt cheap through the aerospace industry

Yeah Carbon fiber is cool. Do they make a clear carbon fiber? that would be some tough windows.

I thought the mesh was more of the macpro look, howevwer this mesh has really small holes. it really keeps this machine running cool. I only have one 80mm fan on the HD, and the CPU fan. It is quiet and fast! I can barely hear it even with it siiting 1.5 feet away.

Well they dont make a carbon fibre that is clear but there is an alternative.

The word plastic is just a word used to describe polymers that display plastic characteristic, there isnt just one thing called "plastic".

An alternative to clear carbon fibre, if such a thing existed, is polycarbonate, which is basically a polymer with a high percentage of carbon.

They use it for making bullet proof glass, so unless you live in a really bad neighbourhood, there wouldnt be much point putting it on your mac lol

Anywayz enough with the random facts for the day, good luck with your project dude!

Paul