Installed, but not booting

7 posts in this topic

Hi,

I just "succesfully" installed iAktos on my pc, but it seems that it is only booting up my CD drive. I want it to boot up my harddrive were the installation is. If I manually boot from harddrive, i'll get an error that i need a CD to boot up...

Does anybody have an idea ?

im kind of new at this as well...im having the same problem (sort of).

i had installed 10.5.1 from a kalyway dvd on a very old maxtor 80 gig ide drive about a month ago, had it up and running, time machine worked and everything. the drive died a couple weeks after installation. ive been trying to time machine the data back after partitioning with MBR (as this was the option i chose when originally installing). the backup works fine, but will not boot, and i am at a loss as to why. i have made sure that i partitioned it (in disk utility) as MBR. unfortunately i get no errors when booting, the computer just stops after "Boot from cd..." (when no cd is present). If i have the cd in the drive and allow it to boot, it boots perfectly right into the os x install i had time machined back to the disk. i read up on the partitioning, and since i have 2 separate bootable disks in the machine (1 working windows vista x64, and the other for OS X), i have chosen the MBR for the boot sector. any help would be greatly appreciated, as ive spent a lot of time getting this to work, and well, now it doesnt ;). thanks in advance!