cider porting issue

anarchy99

11 posts in this topic

Are you editing the Info.plist pointing it to the directories that your game is in? If you are just getting a bounce and it goes away, this is most likely the problem.

Right click your cider package -> Show Package Contents.

Contents->Info.plist

EDIT HERE:

<key>CedegaGameDir</key>

<string>C:\Dawn of War\Dawn of War - Soulstorm</string> //HERE - Your path to the folder holding your .exe

<key>CedegaGameName</key>

<string>c:\Dawn of War\Dawn of War - Soulstorm\Soulstorm.exe</string> //AND HERE - The entire path including the .exe

And you should be good. That being said, some games just don't run and might just bounce once. If you have your Info.plist set up properly and it still doesn't run, then you are SOL with that game.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I can't seem to figure out completely how to make this work. I understand that Cider is a wrapper for the files from a PC game and that if you replace the files from one game with those of another, you can create your own mac-playable games through Cider, but I am still a little fuzzy on the specifics.

I've looked at all sorts of threads involving HoMM5 or NFS Carbon or GameTap, but I still don't know what it all means.

Where do I get the GameTap Cider that everyone is using? I heard on their official site, but where? What is it that I'm looking for? How Do I install Dawn of War on my mac so that I can move the files into the Cider wrapper?

I'd appreciate some specifics. If anyone can point me to a guide that is more easy to follow than Som3on3's, I'd appreciate it.

To anyone having issues with cider, try crossover games, it launches oblivion with none of the problems that I had with cider. The program did crash when I used the in game menu, but I don't know yet if that was a one time deal. I have no texture issues, mouse centering problems, or horribly low frame rate as I have had a times with cider. If you already own a copy of crossover, you also have a copy of crossover games, just download it. If not it has a 7 day free trial.

• 2 months later...

Oblivion.app can't seem to find my CD drive. I've edited /Preferences/config to add this entry:

[Drive F]

"Path" = "/Volumes/Oblivion"

"Type" = "cdrom"

"Label" = "/Volumes/Oblivion"

"Filesystem" = "win95"

"Device" = "/dev/hdc"

But it still complains on being unable to see it. Any ideas?

• 11 months later...
ive tried to make several cider ports and all wont work

they barely bounce for a second on dock but they wont open or give a error

thanks

I'm pretty sure what's happening is Cider just won't load the startup menu for the game. That error only ever occurred with me when I was trying to run a game that had one of those startup menus. I'm trying to figure out a way to just circumvent it n' see if the game will just launch directly into it.

If you know for sure that it's not a main menu thingy then yeah you might be SOL.