iATKOS Boot Disc Doesn't Seem to Work

soundandvision88

12 posts in this topic

When booting with the iATKOS disc that I have o so patiently waited for a finished download, it says something like "Press any key to install Mac OSX." When I do press a key, the computer shuts off and restarts, and continues to do so until I remove the disc. Has anyone else had this problem or are there any suggestions to be offered?

Thanks in advance guys.

it happened to me, exactly as is happening to you. I downloaded iatkos, burned as slow as possible and when it tried to boot, it just rebooted. I got mad. I wanted iatkos so bad, so what i did, was that i burned it again, but this time at 8x. In a weird way, it worked, the 8x disc booted and i was able to install iatkos. Strange isn't it? You can try it, and tell me if it worked. It worked for me.

Burning at 8x didn't seem to work unfortunately. I'll try it faster with another burning program (using Nero right now) and see if that works. Thanks for the advice though.

carnag3: I'm not really sure how to set the drives to different modes, and am not sure about the motherboard either. Would this really make a difference in whether or not the DVD boots? It should also be noted that I was able to install the ToH version but the iATKOS seems to be a lot more promising (lots of bugs in ToH).

EDIT: Tried burning at Max speed with DVDDecrypter... the speed fluctuated a lot between 4x-8x... still no luck. Hopefully I won't have to waste any more DVDs.

Looked through just about everything in the BIOS. Found nothing except the SATA Controller section allowed me to choose from IDE and RAID... that's it I think. Nothing about ACHI or ATA. Probably in the wrong section?

EDIT: Here's my system specs from what I can determine.

Intel® Core2 CPU 4300 @ 1.80GHz, 2.39GHz

2.00GB of RAM

Windows XP Media Center Edition

Not sure where I can find out about the motherboard and such unfortunately...

Looked through just about everything in the BIOS. Found nothing except the SATA Controller section allowed me to choose from IDE and RAID... that's it I think. Nothing about ACHI or ATA. Probably in the wrong section?

EDIT: Here's my system specs from what I can determine.

Intel® Core2 CPU 4300 @ 1.80GHz, 2.39GHz

2.00GB of RAM

Windows XP Media Center Edition

Not sure where I can find out about the motherboard and such unfortunately...

Aparently you do know how to find that, look in your sig.