Problem with iATKOS v1.0i and AMD install

TrYp MyNe

23 posts in this topic

I've got a problem with the iATKOS v1.0i disk. I have an AMD system, as seen below in my sig. I can boot the disk fine, but the installer has no options for the AMD install. It all says Intel, but i downloaded the AMD version from mininova. I even ppf'ed the image to make it the AMD_test install disk, and the only thing that did was took all the stuff out of the utilities, there are no menu options for Disk Utility, Terminal, or ANYTHING!!! so i don't know what to do. Please hackintosh-heads, help a brotha out here :censored2: thnx

well, when i burned 2 disk the prepatched, and then the ppf'd one. neither work. i think the prepatched one installed, but did not work for amd. i tried to boot it and it juz restarts. i have efi active on it, and the bootloader works, but the install of leopard will not boot. it loads all the extensions too, when i boot in verbose. but nothing from there. would u suggest i download the Zephyroth iso for leopard, because i think its like tubgirls, if im not mistaken. please clear this up for me. thanx

ok, so i have those files the patches, but how do i install them? i believe i still have a working tiger os that i can boot into if i am able to copy over the patches from there. would that work? then chmod and chown them? cuz i can do that if being booted into tiger will allow me to copy the patches over. thnx in advance

ok that works thanx. but one problem now, i have no readme.rtf in my patches archive. all the other files are there, but no readme.rtf. how can i obtain the readme to do this procedure???

thnx man, that helps alot. the one u sent is bigger than the one i got. so that tells me i got one that has been stripped some way. but yea man thnx :)

i am going to try it now, i will be back on later to give the new of its working or non-working state :) wish me luck

bad news, i tried the stock disk (no ppf's or anything, but wuz already amd patched) and it would never install at all, it started, but the progress bar didn't move at all. so i patched with the amd test2 disk and it had a kernel panic. so now i am stuck on tiger unless i download that "Z" dudes iso lol. but yea, any suggestions?

yea i kno man. i figured i'd try anyways tho. and it didnt work either way. idk wtf is goin on. should i juz let the leopard disk that boots sit there on the installer screen and hope it works? because earlier i wuz gone for about 2 hrs and left it to install, it put all the files on there, but wouldn't boot. so wat should i do? let it sit and try to install, or juz dload the new iso?

so, get the original iATKOS v1.0i iso (not r2 or amd patched).

patch it with the test2 ppf.

burn it to DVD with slow speed (2x or 4x).

boot from dvd and install leo.

then with the help of your tiger do post-install actions.

boot from leo disk with -s and run patcher and replace.sh scripts.

reboot and boot with -v to see what happens.

that's it.

:S i'd rather not dload a 2gb torrent again cuz my net runs at about 170kbps max dloading speed, and if i try to dload it again, it will shut my modem off and i won't b able to connect for a while :S so any other suggestions b4 i try?

idk, im gonna try it once more with the original disk i burned and hopefully it will load, and i will load the patches for test 1 onto it and it will work :( just hopefully

i am actually in the process of dloadin it right now :) but tha bad news is, its going like 20kbps MAX, and i usually get 180kbps MAX. so wtf??? but yea i appreciate it tho anyways :D

well, i just read the description on the torrent of Zeph's, and he has a motherboard VERY similar to mine, only difference is the audio chipset, i have integrated video, and my spdif is separate from my motherboard. and i also have i394 on mine :) so yea i have an nforce 430 chipset. very similar. so it should work very well, if not perfect!!! whooooo. it is currenly going between 60kbps and 120kbps, so its doing good now, im at 80%, i will let you all know how it goes once i install it and test it :thumbsup_anim: