b0 error still there. already tried fdisk!

sLaiD

12 posts in this topic

Hi, after Tiger worked perfectly I decided to upgrade to Leopard. But now I've got this b0 error after turning the computer on.. I already googled for this and I found a method via Install Disk und fdisk. I tried this a billion times... I did everything right, but it's still not working ... Just this error... What's my mistake? Whats EFI and when should I install the Vanilla Kernel and when not?! Arrrgh... I think my computer's kidding me.. >.<

Thanx!

No! Just one SATA Disc I installed as "MBR".If I put in the DVD then I got to Darwin Bootloader. If I hit F8 then, there's just one possibility to boot from:The install DVD...Now there isn't a b0 error anymore... Darwin loads, writes the first lines, even in -s mode, then, the computer restarts completely... He does this until I turn of the electricity?!

First:

I have to thank you fryour help. Please don't understand this in a wring way. I had no bad intention.

Second: This works. But I'm installing now again without Vanilla Kernels.. Maybe it works then.. Again MBR.. Let's see, what heppens NeXT! (:

There no problem abaout the permissions I think. However. Write what you would do anyway. I bet, I'm not the only one who deals with this problem.

Hi sLaiD,

Are you using pc_efi? I had the same problem before. However, I found out the reason was when I chose MBR partition table, I didn't choose pc_efi for MBR. Maybe you can double check this.

Chun-Nan