Perfect install, but AC97 Sound partially working

fresch

7 posts in this topic

i just installed Leopard Perfectly, and my sound also works... Partially.. It constantly goes on and off whenever it wants to. It really annoys me.

I have tried to do some trial and error, and i found out that it sometimes works, if i put my jack cable in the Microphone port, instead of the line out. VERY wierd. Then aften some time the sound dissapears and i have to change again.

It also happens a lot if i change song in itunes, with a decent pause between.

Anyone having the same problem as i?

• 1 year later...
Seriously. i cant be the only one here with a AC97 Onboard sound..

I have exactly the same problem. I have an Abit KN8 SLI motherboard with nForce4 chipset and AC97 audio, the audio works one time out of three. I have to quit the application using the sound and reload it many times until it works.

have you used osx86 tools? it has a nifty lil feature that detects your hardware, and will download and install the correct drivers for you.. if not, try that out and let us know how it goes.

have you used osx86 tools? it has a nifty lil feature that detects your hardware, and will download and install the correct drivers for you.. if not, try that out and let us know how it goes.

i just installed Leopard Perfectly, and my sound also works... Partially.. It constantly goes on and off whenever it wants to. It really annoys me.

I have tried to do some trial and error, and i found out that it sometimes works, if i put my jack cable in the Microphone port, instead of the line out. VERY wierd. Then aften some time the sound dissapears and i have to change again.

It also happens a lot if i change song in itunes, with a decent pause between.

Anyone having the same problem as i?

I found a solution (at least for me)!!!

Go to utilities>Audio and MIDI config (my system is in french, it may not be the exact words)

Under the "audio" tab, you have "properties for" and then a selection of 2 "AC97 Audio (PCM)"

One is for the input and the other for the output.

When you select the one for the output you have under "audio out" a grey box with "Main stream" (or main flux or main out or whatever) then format (48000H) and then I had "6ca - 16 bit" that I changed to "2ca - 16 bits" and it works now !!

I have now another little problem : the special volume keys on my keyboard are not working anymore, but it is not a big issue...