Jas perfect, Realtek 888 and wake from sleep 7600GT problems

martiniman

2 posts in this topic

Just installed JAS 10.4.8 on my Shuttle SG31G2B.

After choosing auto-setup in the BIOS, the install worked perfectly and recognised the E8400 as 2x3Ghz with correct ram and FSB speeds. The internal video-card does not work (not even for BIOS viewing) but the Geforce 7600GT works directly, also for BIOS setting. I did not alter any settings manual, as the BIOS screens in several instruction-blog-posts are that different from what I see, so I did not try to modify anything.

The Yukon-edit for network was easy and worked also.

Now I am left with 2 problems:

- The audio does not work (realtek 888). Is there any option to get this working? This is not a big problem, as I mostly use a FW external audio device, but it would be nice to have mic-input for skype/ichat.

- The system does not wake from sleep right. The hard disk starts spinning and seems to awake ok, but the screen stays black. I choose the NV40 option for the videocard. Any ideas how to solve that?

Config:

Shuttle SG31G2B with Intel G31 chipset

Core2Duo E8400 2x3Ghz

WD RE2 SATA HD

Pioneer DVR-106

XFX Geforce 7600GT

Last question: I do not mind not to update to 10.4.11, on my G4 this version sucks big time (sluggish) so I do not mind keeping 10.4.8 on this machine, but what happens if you choose update from the apple-menu? Updating is very much hocus-pocus compared to an iso-install like JAS.

By the way, I also tried Kaliway 10.5.1, but that one wasnot working and defenitely more complex than the JAS 10.4.8. But I like the XP like cleaniness of 10.4 anyway above Vista-kitsch-like 10.5, so I am perfectly happy that 10.4.8 works :)

• 1 year later...