Bulding Hackintosh with AMD Athlon 64x2

ziomek

5 posts in this topic

hi,

I already have cpu Amd Athlon 64x2 4200+, mobo Asrock AM2NF3-VSTA (it only has AGP, no PCI-E!!), 2GB DDRII ram, 500GB Samsung SATA hdd. It works quite good with Windows XP, but I want to change it into Mac. Is it possible to have XP on 1 partition and OSX on the 2nd parition on the same hdd?

I also have an old Geforce2 MX400 AGP graphic card. Can I use this card with Leo or Tiger? Or should I buy another AGP card? Which model? I'm looking for something cheap, because I don't play any games on computer. Only on Xbox 360 :(

I think iATOS 1.0i with AMD patch would be the best. Am I right?

hi,

I already have cpu Amd Athlon 64x2 4200+, mobo Asrock AM2NF3-VSTA (it only has AGP, no PCI-E!!), 2GB DDRII ram, 500GB Samsung SATA hdd. It works quite good with Windows XP, but I want to change it into Mac. Is it possible to have XP on 1 partition and OSX on the 2nd parition on the same hdd?

I also have an old Geforce2 MX400 AGP graphic card. Can I use this card with Leo or Tiger? Or should I buy another AGP card? Which model? I'm looking for something cheap, because I don't play any games on computer. Only on Xbox 360 :)

I think iATOS 1.0i with AMD patch would be the best. Am I right?

Yep, no problem running Leo and XP on same drive. If you do (it right) Darwin bootloader will see your XP partition and allow you to boot either OS. One thing I would suggest is get a handle on how to use fdisk before you start. You could have a system you don't know how to boot ;) If you have another box with access to the net, you can search out answers to boot problems though.

As for your AGP card I don't know about that one, but I have a nvidia GeForce5300 in one box (dirt cheep) and a GeForce 7300GS in another (cheep).

As for the distro on the AMD I used Zephiroth AMD-EFI 10.5.2 (see my sig for specks) and it worked like a champ.

Hpoe it helps

Kenny

• 1 year later...