Zephyroth 5.2 - Kernel bug ?

anyname

2 posts in this topic

[edit] I just discovered, that I posted to the wrong forum part *fading red* admin, please move me ...

Hello all! Can someone confirm, that the Zephyroth installation is constantly using abaout 50 percent processor power on an Athlon 64 4000+ processor? Installation was surprisingly successful (some minor screen refreshing issues while installing). And I was very happy at first. It even regognices an about 6 years old graphic tablet (for thre PC!) and supports it seemlessly !! Network, usb keyboard, sound, a windows trackball mouse ... all is working perfectly!

But ...after a while playing arround with it, I discovered, that it uses constantly allot of processing power (even obviously doing nothing) ... That's a pitty, because a system which uses permanently 50 percent of a modern processor is quite a little bit useless to seriously work with, I think. Is there any workaround yet ???

Ah well, I forgot to say, that it is exactly the: kernel_task module, which uses constantly 50 percent of the power (seen in system profiler). Unfortunately I haven't installed some development tools yet to examine the problem in depth ...

post-188835-1203381683_thumb.gif

• 2 months later...
[edit] I just discovered, that I posted to the wrong forum part *fading red* admin, please move me ...

Hello all! Can someone confirm, that the Zephyroth installation is constantly using abaout 50 percent processor power on an Athlon 64 4000+ processor? Installation was surprisingly successful (some minor screen refreshing issues while installing). And I was very happy at first. It even regognices an about 6 years old graphic tablet (for thre PC!) and supports it seemlessly !! Network, usb keyboard, sound, a windows trackball mouse ... all is working perfectly!

But ...after a while playing arround with it, I discovered, that it uses constantly allot of processing power (even obviously doing nothing) ... That's a pitty, because a system which uses permanently 50 percent of a modern processor is quite a little bit useless to seriously work with, I think. Is there any workaround yet ???

Ah well, I forgot to say, that it is exactly the: kernel_task module, which uses constantly 50 percent of the power (seen in system profiler). Unfortunately I haven't installed some development tools yet to examine the problem in depth ...

post-188835-1203381683_thumb.gif

I've got the same issue with a Kalyway 10.5.2 install (dual core - so it's 100% of a core presumably)