Install tiger on M2N-MX SE mother board with SATA disk

Renato Botelho

8 posts in this topic

It's the first time i'm trying to install macos x on my desktop. I have an Asus M2N-MX SE mobo with Athlon 64 x2 processor and samsung SATA I disk. I've downloaded 2 JaS 10.4.8 isos, one with PPF1 & PPF2 and other without this, on both of them i got the same problem, it just doesn't see my sata disk, it just see dvd drive.

Is there a way to install it on my hardware? Can someone point me to correct docs or correct iso to download?

Thanks in advance

• 6 months later...

Hi !

if u have Windows Xp cd, then insert it first into the drive, then format the hard drive ( SATA) into FAT 32 partition, then once you have formatted the hard drive, then remove the Xp Cd n restart bthe system. After that, insert the mac Cd n proceed with the installation. Once, the mac installation opens, then check if the hdd is detected, if not, then go to utilities n select the hdd format as Journaled format... it should detect the hard drive. Also u can install the mac os x on a IDe hard drive easily. this motherboard has an ide port. I ihave installed it with IDE HDD. also, remove the video card if it is installed, bcos the system may freeze at the start up. Once the mac is installed. then u can insert the video card and restart the computer. it should work. LAN on this motherboard does not. u could probably install the forcedeth.ket with ket helper. Audioo drivers work with azalia... all good

:)

Thank you

Vishal

Hi,

once u download the 10.4.8 you need to extract it using the winrar software, when you extract any one file, it will extract all the files, and make it a single iso image, then burn it using the any dvd burning software n burn it as an image. This will make the disk as bootable.

Best of luck,

vishal

with the same mobo config, and sata hdd i have problem after complete installation of ideneb, 1st start shows "still waiting for root device". disk is primary, mbr with mac journeled partition, red flagged for booting. and no other operating system on it, and i had selected AppleNForceATA.kext during install. :D

• 4 months later...

I am struggling to install ideneb on the same mobo. I am using an IDE HDD, is that the problem?? It keeps freezing at "localhost configd(35): Could not establish network configuration: Success!" I would appreciate any help that you guys can give me. I have tried all the usual fixes, and none of them worked for me.

my rig is as follows

m2n mx se plus mobo

amd 64 x2 4600

2 gb kingston ddr2 RAM