Realtek 8111b NIC problems with torrents + sound issue

germike

6 posts in this topic

This board has been a great help to me in installing the kalyway 10.5.1 disk and updating everything to the newest 10.5.2 leopard. I have everything working with 2 small problems :

- The NIC on my board is a realtek 8111b, this works, but the connection is gone when i run a bitorrent client for a while. I use azureus, and after running that for 10-20 minutes the connection dissapears and i cannot access internet at all. When i reboot, everything is fine again. I have installed the realtek drivers called RTGNICv1.1.6.

- The onboard sound is a realtek alc888, this works o.k with the azelia drivers but i only get stereo out and no inputs. I have tried applehda with the alc888.txt dump but that did not work, maybe i selected something wrong.

My hardware config :

- asrock conroexfire-esata2, 2gb, 8800gt

- 3 sata harddisks 2 with vista 1 with OSX, i dual boot via the bios boot selection screen

Installed : kalyway + update to 10.5.2 + kernel update + graphics update, nvidia kext, azalia driver and the realtek 8111b

Thanks for any help !

I had a similar problem with Azureus, I would load the program and my internet would stop working. On a whim, I switched to Transmission; and I was able to use torrents and access the internet. I used to swear by Azureus, but Transmission seems much faster and works better.

I would give that a try and see if that program works for you.

• 1 month later...

Funny, but I have the same problem with transmission with my 8111B nic. It's the same thing with any program when I try to download large files (for example the World of Warcraft updater) - about 5-10 min into downloading I lose internet connection. If I reboot everything is fine. It's not my router or anything like that cause I can DL at the same time with my Macbook Pro laptop and it does not lose connection but my hackintosh with 8111b does. Any tips or solution? I've tried searching forums and will keep looking...