Kalyway not booting

silver dolphin

8 posts in this topic

As far as I know you won't be able to use your "NVidia GeForce2 MX400 64MB-AGP".

Search for it first.

I am confused that, where are you stuck exactly. When the installer starts, or after the post installation reboot.

If you can get into the GUI installation screen, DO NOT FORGET to select SSE2 patch.

Your spec wont work with vanilla kernel. So do not select that option.

• 2 months later...
I checked hte HCL just now, it isn't compatible :)

are there any workarounds?

I'm using a 32MB GeForce2 MX200 with Kalyway's 10.5.2 DVD. I had to do a couple things to get a good boot after installation.

1. Had to shut off my SATA in my BIOS (figure I'll fix this later)

2. I had to install a few times, making sure to select the AMD kext's (my proc is an Athlon64/Opeteron)

...and here's the kicker.

3. I had to replace my two ATI cards a few times... once I got to my 32MB GeForce2 I had to boot single user mode, -s at the Darwin boot prompt, and then run Kalyway's script in root (/). It seemed to remove all of the h4xie video drivers... I then typed exit and booted straight in to complete my Leopard installation.

Maybe try doing that... I dunno. Hope that helps.

Anyone know of any drivers that will extend my display settings? Right now I'm locked at 1024x768, which isn't all that bad... but it kinda is on my 20" CRT.

• 2 months later...

I have the very same graphics card and i'm able to run Mac 10.5.2 with Kalyway DVD. All i did was to check the nVidia drivers on the installation list, that's all (my PC is also an AMD).

BUT! I can't see the mouse pointer, it's {censored} invisible!!!! I don't know how to fix that...it's pathetic.