H3li0

10 posts in this topic

My system:

MoBo: Asus P5W DH Deluxe

BIOS: 2406

CPU: Intel Pentium 4 - 3.0 Ghz

HDDs: 2 SATA disks

Memory: 1 GB

I am trying to install Kalyway 10.5.1 on my first SATA drive. After installing it with MBR formatting option (and EFI)

all I get is a boot loop.

I did search the forum for any hints that might be helpful for me and tried everything. No success!

The partition (rdisk0s1) is already marked as Bootable and Active. I just don`t know what to try anymore.

Could someone with this configuration give me some help?

PS: My second SATA disk will have Ubuntu installed. Is it possible to boot Ubuntu and OSX with GRUB?

Thanks in Advance,

H3li0

;)

woot.

Ok.. first of all, you can go to the thread in my signature for a guide on this board.

Did you enable AHCI? Make sure you enabled it in the right spot. Did you select the mbr option on the kalyway install disk? that is the downfall of many people.. drive is formatted differently that the option they chose.

Please rename your title to "Problem with Asus P5W DH" your current title just pains me, we can work through this together..

also, it may do u good to update the bios to the latest

http://support.asus.com/download/download....SLanguage=en-us

just burn it to a cd or put it on a usb drive and you can use the Asus ez bios updater and load the files off the usb or cd (or hard drive for that matter) in the bios.

good luck.. visit my thread.

woot.

Ok.. first of all, you can go to the thread in my signature for a guide on this board.

Did you enable AHCI? Make sure you enabled it in the right spot. Did you select the mbr option on the kalyway install disk? that is the downfall of many people.. drive is formatted differently that the option they chose.

Please rename your title to "Problem with Asus P5W DH" your current title just pains me, we can work through this together..

also, it may do u good to update the bios to the latest

http://support.asus.com/download/download....SLanguage=en-us

just burn it to a cd or put it on a usb drive and you can use the Asus ez bios updater and load the files off the usb or cd (or hard drive for that matter) in the bios.

good luck.. visit my thread.

Still no success ! :-(

I formatted my SATA disk as MBR partition, installed EFI v8 and booted. there is only a black screen for a while, then a message appears asking me to press

any key for entering options. Wether I choose to select a boot option or not, all I keep getting is a BOOT LOOP.

I have not updated my BIOS, as I saw some posts in the forum about successfull installs with this version.

The SATA drive is formatted Ok and it is marked active and Bootable.

What else could be wrong?

:-(

(and I thought this MoBo was one of the bests for Leopard install)

hi..sorry for my english!!

i have this mobo too and work at 90%.. i don't why but wifi card controller ps2 and firewire doesn't work with kalyway 10.5.1..leopard see my corsair 800mb like 667mb..other work 100%

H3li0 maybe the problem is cpu or video card..

somebody know if remote control work with patch?

bye

o lol im so dumb, You need to enable "execute disable function" in ur bios.

if that doesnt work.. maybe u should get a core 2

Hello mtotho!

It looks like I will have to build up a machine just like yours.

The setting you mentioned in my BIOS was already set and the problem continues: Boot Loop !

My P5W does not like my Pentium 4. I checked my configuration with "WinXP PE" disc and

it gave me a warning of my CPU heat being "Over Critical".

So my next shot is to buy a Q6600 and give it a try. Probably I will also upgrade the memory.

Thanks for all your help.

Get back to you soon.

Cheers,

H3li0

o lol im so dumb, You need to enable "execute disable function" in ur bios.

if that doesnt work.. maybe u should get a core 2

Ok. I got the Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.4Ghz.

I have successfully installed Leo in GUID partition. Boot was also Ok after installing pc_efi_v8.

At first boot it did not work. Just got a black screen with a coloured icon spinning for a long time.

Booted again with -x and it worked. Now I have my installation but no sound at all !

I've chosen all the correct options for P5W. Actually, for the sound driver option there is a specific

driver mentioning the p5w card. It is the HDA_ALC882. That's the one I chose.

This is my only problem for the moment. Did I forget something?

Thanks for your help.

H3li0