10.5.2 Update worked.. but bluetooth broken!

phobox

7 posts in this topic

Hey all

I have successfully updated my 10.5.1 system to 10.5.2 using Kalyway's combo update and have installed ToH's 9.2.0 kernel (because Netkas' didnt work, I have an older EFI version installed). Everything appears to be working fine except for two things: my Belkin Bluetooth USB dongle has stopped working (its recognised, but bluetooth is disabled with 'No Name Found' in Bluetooth System Preferences) and Photobooth no longer works with my Sony Eyetoy webcam (but it works fine in iChat, Quicktime and various other apps that use a camera). Both of these worked fine in 10.5 and 10.5.1 but stopped working after the 10.5.2 update. Does anyone have any idea what may be causing these issues? The bluetooth issue specifically is pretty critical.

Just an FYI, this system began life as ToH RC2 10.5 install, then I updated to 10.5.1 and now 10.5.2. I have EFI v5 installed, however I use ToH's kernels due to my CPU (Pentium D).

Any help would be hugely appreciated.

Hey all

I have successfully updated my 10.5.1 system to 10.5.2 using Kalyway's combo update and have installed ToH's 9.2.0 kernel (because Netkas' didnt work, I have an older EFI version installed). Everything appears to be working fine except for two things: my Belkin Bluetooth USB dongle has stopped working (its recognised, but bluetooth is disabled with 'No Name Found' in Bluetooth System Preferences) and Photobooth no longer works with my Sony Eyetoy webcam (but it works fine in iChat, Quicktime and various other apps that use a camera). Both of these worked fine in 10.5 and 10.5.1 but stopped working after the 10.5.2 update. Does anyone have any idea what may be causing these issues? The bluetooth issue specifically is pretty critical.

Just an FYI, this system began life as ToH RC2 10.5 install, then I updated to 10.5.1 and now 10.5.2. I have EFI v5 installed, however I use ToH's kernels due to my CPU (Pentium D).

Any help would be hugely appreciated.

Hey there I found this very simple solution http://apple2pc.blogspot.com/2008/02/bluet...-boot-icon.html

Use solution number 4,

4: one other option is to rename the plist (config) file of the bluetooth process it reside in ether:

/Library/Preferences

or:

~/Library/Preferences

and the file name is:

com.apple.Bluetooth.plist

and reboot, leopard will re-create it when the bluetooth try to start.

I first backed up my com.apple.Bluetooth.plist, and then in a get info window inserted the word config between apple and Bluetooth, dont think it really matters which word, but after reboot it workes again. Good luck mate, Plucka

A little off topic, anyone know how to repair garageband after 10.5.2 update?

Hey there I found this very simple solution http://apple2pc.blogspot.com/2008/02/bluet...-boot-icon.html

Use solution number 4,

4: one other option is to rename the plist (config) file of the bluetooth process it reside in ether:

/Library/Preferences

or:

~/Library/Preferences

and the file name is:

com.apple.Bluetooth.plist

and reboot, leopard will re-create it when the bluetooth try to start.

I first backed up my com.apple.Bluetooth.plist, and then in a get info window inserted the word config between apple and Bluetooth, dont think it really matters which word, but after reboot it workes again. Good luck mate, Plucka

A little off topic, anyone know how to repair garageband after 10.5.2 update?

Hi all,

I've got the same issues as mentiond above (except working with Kalyway),

but this solution form me, till I configure my bluetooth devices. After the next reboot --> same problem!!

But Bluetooth can be activated via Bluetooth File Exchange.app.

Any ideas????

P.S.: Garageband is working flawless for me!!

Thx in advance

greetings

Hi all, thanks for all the suggestions. I have figured out that the issue (as well as other issues) are caused by AppleSMBIOS... the older version Im using doesnt like 10.5.2 evidently and thus some things like Bluetooth are broken because of it. The way to solve it is to use a fixed AppleSMBIOS file from mac.nub, but the only way to use it is to install EFI, which I dont currently have. Instead of playing about with my current install, I intend to install Leo clean with EFI to a new drive, then update to 10.5.2, then install the new AppleSMBIOS... hopefully it should all work ok and I can migrate my settings from my current install.