System Profiler crashes

Goron

7 posts in this topic

Is there a fix/patch for the profiler in 10.5.2? I´m running vanilla kernel and kexts and About this mac reports just fine, but opening the profiler results in a " ... crashed unexpectedly" :)

Does so know how to fix that?

go into your bios , and look if there are a "cpu configuration" section:there if you find a line looking like : CPUID Max (or something very similar) disable it.and if there is line with NX or Enable bit : Enable it.By the way verify that ACPI 2.0 is enabled: it worked for me!

Good luck!

• 3 months later...

I have this same problem with Kaly 10.5.2 - with a Dell 4700 - I do not have the option to disable cpumaxid - the only pro options are turn on or off Hyperthreading - I turned it off and sys profiler still crashes :( Any ideas on where to go next?

FYI - everything appears to work fine except system profiler - I would like to verify a USBirt ir device so I can use a media center remote in osxmbc, I did notice that when my mac comes up it shows a 2.8gh proc - but unkown is beside it. I do recall with 10.5.1 sys profiler did work.

• 1 month later...

I've installed Leo4all 10.5.2 into my Dell 4700 as well. Everything works except for audio and system profiler. I have tried installing the AC97 kext but still no sound. As for system profiler, everytime i launch it, it will just close and asked me if i want to ignore the crash, send a crash report or simple close the dialogue box.

can anyone fix my 2 problems??

• 2 months later...

I just picked p my dell 4700 a couple of days ago used. Didn't even pay attention to what was in it... was without computer anyways. and i grabbed kalyway and its almost OOB perfect.. ecept system profiler crashes. still looking too.http://forum.insanelymac.com/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif