Building a Hacintosh for Video and Audio!

swivel_001

4 posts in this topic

hey guys!

im freaking new to this forum. when i heard about this forum, i was darn curious and wanna find out more.

well, i wanted to build a hacintosh as a friend of mine told me that with the same budget i can get a better 'mac' with better specs!...

anyway, i wanted a "hacintosh" that is about e spec of a iMac 24".

some of the applications i will use on the hacintosh are Logic Express/Studio, Garageband, Final Cut Studio/Express and the whole Adobe Suite.

am i right to say that all my commonly used apps would work perfectly on a hacintosh?

hope to hear you guys soon! hahhaa

oh yah, how do i get started?

well check out the Wiki. I guess if you want you can build a 8 core Hack 2x four cores, not 100% sure if they work on hacks, but i think they would with research. Also don't know how much that costs compared to an iMac. but for $1600 you can build a nice Quad Core Hack (Q6600 CPU) 8800 GT 8 gigs of ram, BA2 Mobo, 1.5 HD Space, DVD Burner.

well check out the Wiki. I guess if you want you can build a 8 core Hack 2x four cores, not 100% sure if they work on hacks, but i think they would with research. Also don't know how much that costs compared to an iMac. but for $1600 you can build a nice Quad Core Hack (Q6600 CPU) 8800 GT 8 gigs of ram, BA2 Mobo, 1.5 HD Space, DVD Burner.

woah cool! but i really really wanna knoe whether a hackintosh will work smoothly with those apps i use.

if not i just gonna get a imac.. haiz...

anione have any idea??

hahahaa

with compatable parts, than it runs very close and stable.

It will be more powerful than an iMac, and easier to upgrade!!

but the nice thing about they iMac is you can just Downlaod the updates and not worry.

on a Hackintosh you have to Go through some extra steps, but for more preformance it might easily be worth it

when i updates from 10.4.8 it took like 4 or 5 extra Min. I didnt install leapord so i dont know how hard it is there but it can

be done and there are very nice guids outt there!

i don't think that you should let the updates make the descison for you though.

with efi on tiger you don't need to do anything though! again not sure about leapord.