Howto: Get OS X (Tiger) to work on Intel/Amd PC

Aplcom

6 posts in this topic

Hi,

I'm new to this forum so I apologize in advance if this topic has been covered before - however I was unable to find any previous threads with the search.

I have purchased an official Apple OS X (Tiger) DVD and would like to create a new DVD that will boot and install on a regular PC for testing. I do not want to download any "hacked" versions from torrent sites but would rather go through the exercise of creating a dootable/installable Tiger DVD. Is there a thread or site that will have detailed instructions on how to do this?

I appreciate any help/advise members may have. Thanks.

Aplcom.

You are out of luck.

What you really need you can't purchase.

At one time Apple released a "developer kit", the stuff you need is in there, no longer available, and never widely available, if desired you will end up doing that very thing you don't want to do.

Instead of re-inventing the wheel, go out and get a wheel.

How to create a custom OSX DVD (Tiger & Leo)

This is the link you're looking for.

It will do much more for you than just create a working OSx86 DVD install - it will help you understand how things work much better than just downloading an already patched installer.

Go on and make your own wheel! Tell us how it went.

Good luck.

Hi,

Thanks to all who replied. Especially Zarac - this was the exact link I was looking for and needed! I quickly reviewed the forum and am confident that I should succeed here. BTW - I plan to install this on my VAIO VGN-TX17GP and dual boot with OpenSUSE. I also plan to make a "LIVE" OS X DVD. I already have all the necessary apple drivers, just need to create my own customized set. Again thanks to all who replied! Best regards. Aplcom.

also check these links:

[Guide] Speed Up the boot time of Leopard Installation DVDs, tested on ToH and BrazilMAC INTEL and AMD by MacGirl, and

Injecting Drivers Into an Install DVD, A tutorial by ObsidianX

not crucial, but speeds up the installation (once you're done making it).

what kind of liveDVD are you planning on making?

there is an old one floating around - Kismus hackintosh tools DVD.

23ad18322d1ab3d5f87b31cb27bd3827_full.jpg

dl links: PART1, PART2, PART3

basically it's an osx installer dvd with xfolders instead of finder and some very useful tools.

please, keep us posted on your project!