HOW to install a chinese input

Jexclown

14 posts in this topic

i am a chinese

but i can't find chinese input

even install a soft 'openvanilla' it doesn't work

ask for help

jexclown@gmail.com

I'm trying recompile SpaceChewingOSX in XCode 2.1 for a Universal Binary, but I'm not sure whether I'll success or not.

BTW, Though OV says they compiled a Universal Binary in 0.7.1, but Only Prefences Application is UB. Loader seems not, and I submit this bug to them. They returned WONTFIX. So, I think X86 Support might not their first-priority things to do. :angry:

I'm trying recompile SpaceChewingOSX in XCode 2.1 for a Universal Binary, but I'm not sure whether I'll success or not.

BTW, Though OV says they compiled a Universal Binary in 0.7.1, but Only Prefences Application is UB. Loader seems not, and I submit this bug to them. They returned WONTFIX. So, I think X86 Support might not their first-priority things to do. :P

thx a lot B)

i am a chinese

but i can't find chinese input

even install a soft 'openvanilla' it doesn't work

ask for help

jexclown@gmail.com

You can input them from a MacOSX Tiger 1.4.0 DVD

1. Install "Mac OS X Install DVD"/System/Installation/Packages/AsianLanguagesSupport.pkg to some place.

2. Copy the installed System/Library/Components/SCIM.component to /System/Library/Components/SCIM.component

3. Install "Mac OS X Install DVD"/System/Installation/Packages/SimplifiedChinese.pkg

4. logout and login

5. Use international to load the chinese input

You can input them from a MacOSX Tiger 1.4.0  DVD

1. Install "Mac OS X Install DVD"/System/Installation/Packages/AsianLanguagesSupport.pkg to some place.

2. Copy the installed System/Library/Components/SCIM.component to /System/Library/Components/SCIM.component

3. Install "Mac OS X Install DVD"/System/Installation/Packages/SimplifiedChinese.pkg

4. logout and login

It does not work well. Only the app open using Rosetta can input chinese, and the system because very slow.

You can input them from a MacOSX Tiger 1.4.0  DVD

4. logout and login

I had finished all the step following the indication above,but I cant find any new item in the "International".I cant find anything about chinese input either.I am a new Mac player,Who can help me to solve the problem about chinese input,that will be great appreciate :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

You can input them from a MacOSX Tiger 1.4.0 DVD

4. logout and login

I downloaded files, but not sure how to install them:

Install "Mac OS X Install DVD"/System/Installation/Packages/AsianLanguagesSupport.pkg to some place.

Install "Mac OS X Install DVD"/System/Installation/Packages/SimplifiedChinese.pkg

I am running the OSX86 on a AMD based PC.

Please help

• 1 month later...