Weird issue with 10.5.2 display

Jadestone

4 posts in this topic

i am using a Acer Aspire 9410Z notebook, i did the Kalyway 10.5.1 install, used the kalyway upgrade to 10.5.2 and ran the 10.5.2 vanilla kernal update, then i did the graphics update from Apple, now my graphics tearing is fixed but i have a more serious issue....

I am getting a blue screen, when i attach my second monitor i can see and use OSX without an issue. My problem is, OSX is not recognizing the notebooks monitor, it is only working on the external monitor. Does anyone know a fix to this?

i believe my notebook uses the gma 950 display device

thanks

• 1 month later...

ok, i finally got my gfx issue fixed!

i have a Acer Aspire 9410Z (notebook) and everything works now:

this is what i did:

Used 10.5.1 Kalyway + 10.5.2 Kalyway update + kalyway_10.5.2_kernels

downloaded the graphics update 1.0 and installed that.

when i booted up i had a blue screen, i turned my volume up to make sure i was on the desktop ( you can hear the volume bubbles), i plugged in my spare monitor, since the problem is that after the graphics fix it does not reconize my notebook screen. From there i just dragged the

natit.kext to the /System/Library/Extensions, authorized then i ran the 1052KernelSystemPatch

then I did these steps: (not sure if they are important, i am a noob to these things...)

1. sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions

2. sudo chown -R 0:0 /System/Library/Extensions

3. sudo rm -R /System/Library/Extensions.mkext

4. diskutil repairpermissions /

after that i rebooted, now i had my notbook screen working, updated the rest of the software updates, (not the security update 2008 002)

I am a noob at this and i may be wrong on the process, this is exactly what i did and i have no issues at all. everthing is working fine and most of all no graphics tear!!

• 5 months later...