ALC880 on 10.5.2

TheSamster

2 posts in this topic

I really hope I can make it work one day. I have a Fujitsu Siemens AMILO Pi1556 laptop with the following problems:

1. It's not recognized as a laptop?! The battery meter never shows!

2. I simply cannot for the life of me get that ALC880 built in sound card to work. I tried everything I found on this forum, no way. The best I could get is that it's recognized with no sound coming out of it. Where am I going wrong?

Thanks,

Sammy

P.S. I started with a clean Kalyway 10.5.1 DVD. I tried to patch AppleHDA several times with no success. Finally I installed the 10.5.2 combo that Kalyway just released.

• 2 years later...
I really hope I can make it work one day. I have a Fujitsu Siemens AMILO Pi1556 laptop with the following problems:

1. It's not recognized as a laptop?! The battery meter never shows!

2. I simply cannot for the life of me get that ALC880 built in sound card to work. I tried everything I found on this forum, no way. The best I could get is that it's recognized with no sound coming out of it. Where am I going wrong?

Thanks,

Sammy

P.S. I started with a clean Kalyway 10.5.1 DVD. I tried to patch AppleHDA several times with no success. Finally I installed the 10.5.2 combo that Kalyway just released.

voodoo hda kext is your answer, as for battery voodoo battery you can install from iatkos v7 and all will work from the box

i have another issue dough wifi that comes with system (intel 3495) is a no go, so i have tried with diferent native cards (broadcom 4311) but i just cant get it to work